Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Kinda new to this

Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Kinda new to this

While deer hunting yesterday a coyote came through and I took him out with my bow. That was my first coyote kill. I've been meaning to get into coyote hunting but you know how things go...I know you guys have heard this question time and time again but I'm needing help. I've got the weapons, land, and coyotes(plenty) to hunt, but I'm needing some tips! What's your favorite call(cheap if possible), favorite terrain to hunt, and tips, techniques ect. Just needing a little help.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

if you hunt the downwind side of a saddle,with a rabbit in distress call,they will rush in not thinking to circle downwind.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's calfing season right now............and those yotes love the after-birth also !
Old 01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help! My brother shoots coyotes all the time when checking his cattle.