Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

.243 for squirrel=evaporate ?

Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jakeculp
May be fun but ultimately have respect for the animal. Kill only what you intend to eat!
Release your hug on the bunny. Shootin pds in the pasture is akin to shootin sewer rats in NYC. If you farmed you would understand. And no we don't eat them.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pro-Line
It's not that good an idea. I'd save up for a 17HMR or a .204. Either is capable of what you are talking about.
The .204 Is an intresting idea. That would be perfect. Once again though I am not going to purchase a new rifle for squirrel hunting. This thread was just too see what people oppionons are on shooting squirrels with a .243. If I am to go really hunt squirrels the .22 does just fine. .243 was simply target practice.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Spike

I think its wrong. Theres no meat left for you to eat. Its all tour up. If you kill it then you should grill it. Dont just kill it to kill it.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Marlerboy
I think its wrong. Theres no meat left for you to eat. Its all tour up. If you kill it then you should grill it. Dont just kill it to kill it.
Buddy is a falconer and will feed them to his hawks if anything. No wrong doing here.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Spike

wheelie just shakes his head. no comment