Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

difference in squirrels??

Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Spike

Default difference in squirrels??

is there a difference in a squirrel who primarily eats acorns over one who has birdseed readily accessible?? im talkin eating wise btw. people have told me that is not good to eat tree rats that eat bird seed and corn and stuff? wonderin if there's any weight to that statement and why? i live in a country club around a bunch of yuppies who always put out bird seed and our squirrels around here are the biggest ive ever seen in my life. and ive seen a lot of squirrels in my days! if any of yall have any input or opinion as to why people say its not good to eat squirrels that eat this stuff it would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Spike

How would you harvest these country club squirrels?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rgs1975
How would you harvest these country club squirrels?
the family that owned the land that the country club is built on basically owned 3/4s of the entire town since the early 1900s. after sellin most of their land to contractors and developers they still own about 1000 acres of woods and if you talk to the right grandson they will allow you to hunt in their woods. i havent spoken to him yet but if he says yes then that is how im plannin to legally hunt them. there is also a ton of deer and pig in those woods.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Spike

Country Club squirrels
Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

they eat birds?