Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Unknown game

Old 11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

You're getting flamed alot for shooting at it. But, it's whatever to me. Sounds like you knew what was beyond the target to me. Another thing you might consider is that it was possibly a badger, due to you saying it was low to the ground. Badgers tend to run very flattened out. And it could appear to be black possibly.
-Jake
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

It may have been a fisher, not sure if they are found in that area or not, but the description seems to match pretty well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)
Old 11-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Y'all shouldn't flame him for takeing the shot he knew it was a wild animal and he knew what was behind it who here can say they haven't? I have and I bet half of y'all have to. From what I've herd sounds like either a bobcat or fox. A runnin gray fox looks like a small yote and they will make a growling sound. If it was me and I was on my land I'd of takein the shot too. Good luck
Old 11-21-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was Sparky, Old Mrs. Wilson's Border Collie/Scotty Terrier mix.

He does look odd.

He likes to run and chase song birds. He pants and whines with excitement when he does.

Mrs. Wilson noticed him limping around lately and took him to the vet. the vet plucked several BB's out of him.

Some hunter took a shot at him.

Last edited by Windwalker7; 11-21-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Spike

Sounds like a chupacabra to me also!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

gray fox or mink or crow or turkey or a african child or a monkey or a snake
Old 12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Spike

Years ago, we saw something similar to what you may be describing. We saw it several times over a three week period. After searching around, I saw a picture of a blue fox on the internet (which actually appears more black than blue). The problem was that blue fox don't live in the suburbs of Chicago. Well, lo and behold, a couple weeks later our newspaper reported that a blue fox had been captured just north of us. Nobody could explain how it got into our area but it did.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

could be a black lab? or a panther.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Spike

Hate to re hash an old post, but these are some of the most irresponsible replies I have ever seen on a hunting forum. Im suprised the moderators havent deleted this.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

It was a polatition running from Voters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.