Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Night hunting coyotes

Old 10-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default Night hunting coyotes

Was wondering if anyones has any advice on a reasonable priced night scope. I hunt coyotes on a bait in the winter, the past two winters I have had a hard time picking them out with my scope. I have been using a 3-9 dawn to dusk bushnell. I usally shoot 2 to 4 but could shoot more if I could see better. I'm shooting about 55 yds from the bait. Would like to see them better. Been looking at a night vision G1 ATN Aries 410. Wondering if anyone has tired one of these and how they like it. Also wonder how it would work on snow.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Spike

Elusive wildlife tech makes great scope lights (XLR100 & XLR250).
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Spike

Thank you for the website. I will check it out.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure about the generation 1 but I do know that 3 and above work GREAT!!! Just make sure that you check it over once you get it(they like to skimp)LOL!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Spike

Thanks, asked for advice from ATN they are saying that the 410 would work but he recommends Trident Pro2x-2. The distance from the bait from the house is 50 yds. Can see the coytoes with eye and bino's but often can't see with my present scope. had night after night of not being able to shoot looking to make up for it this year.