Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyoye huntin, and I need help

Old 09-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Spike

this is all great info, thanks guys. so should i get a red filtered light right?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Spike

There are some and soon to be alot more good led lights out there for predator hunting,guys are using them without any filter.I personaly like the red (because thats what I'm used too)but it's not necessary.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

When calling varmints tree stands are extremelyy limiting.If nothing comes in within 15 minutes or so you should move several hundred yards setup and try again.Look for sign like droppings and tracks.Don't waste your time calling in unproductive areas.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
When calling varmints tree stands are extremelyy limiting.If nothing comes in within 15 minutes or so you should move several hundred yards setup and try again.Look for sign like droppings and tracks.Don't waste your time calling in unproductive areas.
thats good to know. what give me hope is the fact that i hear them every morning/night without fail, and in the winter i see tons and tons of tracks in the immediate area around the tree stand as well as droppings.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

I'll be out there next friday come rain or shine(moonshine)! I'm gonna do the stick and move thing. I just got a new to me 12Ga. Rem. mod11 that my grandpa passed down to me. Good slug gun!! Gonna see how it patterns some buckshot. I hacked up last years 7pt. rack and tried making some predator calls, I can't get it just right so I'll have to stick to the same ol' for now. I'll get a few nights in,but then on the 16th it'll be time for me to arrow my New York State POPE & YOUNG buck (hopefully)!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PREDATE
I'll be out there next friday come rain or shine(moonshine)! I'm gonna do the stick and move thing. I just got a new to me 12Ga. Rem. mod11 that my grandpa passed down to me. Good slug gun!! Gonna see how it patterns some buckshot. I hacked up last years 7pt. rack and tried making some predator calls, I can't get it just right so I'll have to stick to the same ol' for now. I'll get a few nights in,but then on the 16th it'll be time for me to arrow my New York State POPE & YOUNG buck (hopefully)!!!
im gonna be up there in delaware county from oct 3rd to the 5th hunting all day all night, ill let you guys know how things work out.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by huntard
im gonna be up there in delaware county from oct 3rd to the 5th hunting all day all night, ill let you guys know how things work out.
well, nothin yet. but i had a few real close in just couldnt get a shot off.