HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   plans on how to make a good spotlight? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/317119-plans-how-make-good-spotlight.html)

Widgeonator 02-10-2010 06:15 PM

plans on how to make a good spotlight?

so i'm going to start coyote hunting at night a lot now after my last trip. those eyes sure light up like a bunch of demons when the spotlight hits them..

the only problem is i cant find high-enough powered spotlights that aren't rechargeable. you can't trust rechargeables anymore. they die out and fade within a half hour, if not less! i was hoping someone has a nice little portable setup with a nice spotlight hooked up to maybe like a little 6volt lantern battery hooked up to it or something like that. just as long as its not super heavy and i can hunt solo with it, without having to have someone carry it for me.

i've seen people make like a little strap that the battery sits in and slings behind their back, but i can't remember how it was setup. thanks for any help gentlemen:confused0024:

Shoulder Strap 02-11-2010 02:22 PM

My night light coon hunting light came with a barrel clip that would slide over any small barrell. The head of the light attached the barrell and the battery is carried on a belt. Its not infared but works great

Widgeonator 02-11-2010 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shoulder Strap (Post 3574969)
My night light coon hunting light came with a barrel clip that would slide over any small barrell. The head of the light attached the barrell and the battery is carried on a belt. Its not infared but works great

that's a great idea and i wish i could use it, but california doesn't want you mounting a light on a firearm. damn you california...

podunk kennels 02-11-2010 03:18 PM

Wait til coons get in the "governators" trash or yotes snatch some more celebrities dogs and I bet ya laws will start changin

bowfisherman 02-23-2010 09:56 AM

Go to allpredatorcalls.com. Get a lightforce battery dimmer+bag. Go to cabelas search battery, get 2 of those little 12 volt batteries. Then search spotlight. There's a 25 dollar 3.5 mil candlepower light with red lens. Or just get the whole lightforce setup. But the setup I recommended will work fine for much cheaper. The dimmer is expensive but very important.

Widgeonator 02-23-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by bowfisherman (Post 3582489)
Go to allpredatorcalls.com. Get a lightforce battery dimmer+bag. Go to cabelas search battery, get 2 of those little 12 volt batteries. Then search spotlight. There's a 25 dollar 3.5 mil candlepower light with red lens. Or just get the whole lightforce setup. But the setup I recommended will work fine for much cheaper. The dimmer is expensive but very important.

thanks, this looks just about perfect

cwanty03 02-23-2010 01:28 PM

full moon!!!!!

genesis27:3 03-02-2010 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by cwanty03 (Post 3582634)
full moon!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha:p

Widgeonator 03-02-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by genesis27:3 (Post 3586850)
Ha ha ha ha:p

i wonder how much CP the moon would be... :kt::arms: