Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Wolves in Idaho.. a must see

Old 01-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Spike

We, the people of Idaho wanted No part of having Wolves in Our State ! They take MORE than the weak, They can kill just to kill and not even eat. They don't stop with just game either. If you are a rancher they can kill your stock. These wolves came from Canada by way of the U.S. Goverment. What happen to States Rights ? This was the first year we were able to hunt them, but only a limited #. Bunny huggers are always going to court to tie the hands of the hunters. Why is it that a small group of people have such control over the majority. I have hunted here before wolves and know what our state can produce.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nomorewolves
These wolves came from Canada by way of the U.S. Goverment.
Okay, now your initial comment makes sense.

The Federal Gov't doesn't give a rat's ass about the Constitution and hasn't for a long time. Didn't you know?

Originally Posted by nomorewolves
Why is it that a small group of people have such control over the majority.
Because there is an underlying agenda, that's why, and more often than not, your vote doesn't mean squat. The country gets more and more tyrannical as time passes regardless of which party is in power. That's why I like the saying, "It's not left vs. right, it's the STATE vs. YOU."

Oh, and by the way, if I lived where wolves were a clear problem but my government prohibited me from killing them, I'd make damn sure I wouldn't get caught and shoot them anyway.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like the "three S" rule needs to be enforced.......
Old 01-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
By "us", you mean "you".

Live in wolf country and you wouldn't be asking that.

Many years ago the wolves were put to almost complete obliteration... and with good reason. Where wolves are, they quickly mess the micro-eco-system within their immediate area. They can quickly decimate game herds where ever they are. Around here where the wolves are at, the deer are very little.

Problem is that there's too many of them in one area. To have them spread out in smaller numbers would be more tolerable, but when they are under the Fed's protection, they multiply like rabbits and blow out other predators.... like coyotes and possibly some fox.

I'm not offended by the pics, as that's what wolves do, but let their numbers grow and then you'll start to realize the problem.

Not long ago the wolves were taken off the endangered list and then they were over-seen by their respective states, but the bunny-huggers cried too loud and now the wolves are back on the endangered list and controlled by the gov.

When the wolves' numbers are large, they are not tolerated anywhere that I know of. Like any animal, their numbers need to be controlled.

iSnipe
The problem is not that there are wolves, but that the tree-huggers have successfully prevented the intelligent and common-sense management of their numbers. Once introduced into the Yellowstone ecosystem, they have been allowed to expand their range and numbers with absolutely no control. Had a proper management plan been put in place to control their numbers, we would not see nearly the damage they are causing. When predator numbers are not controled, they will decimate the prey population until lack of food becomes a limiting factor to predator populations. The only way to create a sustainable balance without letting extreme back-and-forth movement of wolf/prey populations play out over the next few decades is to SHOOT MORE WOLVES. We manage all other large animal populations, it is nothing short of assinine that wolves get an exception.

And yes, I hunt areas where wolves are a problem. It does not bother me that they are there, but it does bother me that they only recently got the ability to manage them.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Banned

Wasn't Sarah Palin shooting wolves out of a helicopter or something?

Anyway, PETA always wins because the "kill this animal, so I can go out and kill that one" never wins.

They figure let the wolves do the work. What was is that the mercenaries used to say? Kill em all, let God sort them out.

Anyhooo...
Old 01-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

and MN and WI
Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Having a competitor for your quarry sucks whether it's a hunter in the next tree or a pack of wolves on the ground. We have a similar problem here with coyotes, and while hunting them is an option not many people do that here. The only viable option is the same one I'm going to suggest to you:

Adapt. The wolves adapted to us by avoiding us, and now that they can't avoid us it's our turn to adapt.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WNY Deer Dropper
Those are amazing shots
Would have been better if those shots had been taken with an AR15...
Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
"Like any animal, their numbers need to be controlled"

Sounds to me like it's time to open a wolf season in Idaho !
They already did! This year actually. In fact the 1st harvest was by a member of this site. He posted all the hate mail he got in the big game forum.

Wolves, yotes, ferals, I have no use for wild canines of any type. More of them, less game for us , its pretty simple actually.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Spike

The wolves need to hunt for sustenance. While it is true that many hunters, like myself, hunt for food, our very existence does not depend on our success. Just wondering why you think its OK for humans to hunt but not wolves? I realize that there are other points of view on this topic, so I really want to know how others feel.

With respect-
Wildbill51

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.