Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

2010 Predator Contest?

Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in. I need to control the coon population in my hunting area. It'll take alot of coon to beat that 290 point mark but I'll give it my best.

Question... shouldn't Bear be on this list? We have a bunch here in PA.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

I'm in. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 10-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Spike

Man I wish I would of been around for this. I varmit hunt just about everynight. Really need to start the contest again id be in dont care what the prize is or if there even was one.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you guys starting a new contest? I'm in for sure. You guys need help drawing it up still because I've got a lot of free time here at school to contribute

Someone Shoot me a PM.

Ryan.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

If there is a new one I would like to be in it.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Spike

Im all for starting up a new contest. If we can get enough people who want to participate we can create a new thread for the predator contest. Guess we could use the same rules the last one had?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Count me in I am already on the board!
How do I sign up?
Treebeard
Old 08-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Brod_Man
I was wondering if there was any interest in a predator contest. It would be just for fun unless someone wants to donate some prizes. Rules would be simple and anyone could enter. Just wondering if there was any interest. If anyone wants to help out you could email me at [email protected] or you could just post here.
missouri has a big predator tourney every winter. teams of up to 3 people, winners get matching ar-15's scoped in full camo. you get 24 hours to kill as many as possible.

needless to say, i'll be competeing in that one.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If You guys start up a new Predator Contest this year (2011-2012) count me in! I've been really getting into Predator/Varmint Hunting in the past 2 years and simply love it...can't get enough of it!I wish I would have paid more attention and joined in on the fun...I took out 4 Coyotes last summer,then 2 more in the Winter and had to pass on a Bobcat I called in that practically ran right up to me at about 10 yards away but it was out of Season and I couldn't shoot it.

Hey Nsdemit....what part of Missouri are You located in....I'm in Southeast MO. and we had a Predator Derby held in a small Town located down close to the Misssissippi River and we hunted in several different areas thru out our County,had a great turn out and will do it again this coming Winter again.

One thing to consider if You are Predator/Varmint Hunting is to use a smaller Caliber Gun or lighter grain bullet so You don't harm the Fur/Hides if You want to keep them,have the Animal mounted or simply give them to a Trapper so they aren't wasted?I have been using my .243 Browning A-bolt Hunter Rifle and decided to get a smaller caliber Rifle that was easier on the Pelts...ended up with a CZ-USA "Varmint" .204 bolt-action Rifle using either the Hornady 40 grain bullets or the Sierra Blitz King 39 grain bullets?I may also get a Savage Axis in a .223 Bolt-action with the camo stock and the scope combo of the Bushnell 3X9X40mm scope.My Hunting Partner uses a Ruger .22 Hornet and its a nice sccurate shooting Rifle.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GTOHunter

Hey Nsdemit....what part of Missouri are You located in....I'm in Southeast MO. and we had a Predator Derby held in a small Town located down close to the Misssissippi River and we hunted in several different areas thru out our County,had a great turn out and will do it again this coming Winter again.
i actually live in kansas. but the contest is up there by st. joe, mo.

this years wil be the 7th annual coyote calling contest. you're allowed to hunt kansas, missouri, and iowa if you want. but i'll be hunting missouri, since it's easier to find places to hunt there. between my friend and i, we've got lots of coyote spots.

it's a great time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.