Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Thinking about a scorpion....

Old 12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Question Thinking about a scorpion....

Hey all,
Im am considering on purchasing the foxpro scorpion. All the reviews I have read have been a mixed bag. I was wondering if any one had one and what they thought of it. And if you dont have one What would you do? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:27 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

I have a Scorpion and like it BUT my previous caller was an antique Johhny Stewart cassette player type. The Scorp is small and lightweight but has enough volume for calling here in the East.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one last week from cabelas, they are on sale for 399 and I had a 30 rebate.

I am new to coyote hunting, I have been out once with no luck.

The call worked great, seems to be loud, if its not loud enough you can get and extra speaker. I used it at about 100yds and it worked great.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:10 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

When I first got mine I had a gray fox hung up so I tried to switch to the mouse squeak but hit the fire siren (to make yotes howl) option instead. That was the end of that stand.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to go ahead and get one (on sale at cabelas). I took it out yesterday and had a coyote down after 5 minutes of calling. Love it already!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:13 AM
PHA
Fork Horn

That is awesome. Don't you wish things always worked that way?