Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Wolf Hunting....

Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Wolf Hunting....

Alaska, has had a hunting season for wolves for a few years. Idaho and Montana have both begun season this year, begining in early Sept. for Idaho, and late Sept. or early Oct. for Montana.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this subject? I know for a great many of us it is a sore subject.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

I say kill those suckers! I don't hunt anywhere near wolves,so I can't speak out of perssonal experience,but I have heard from credible sources that they are really hurting the deer,elk,and moose populations.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm inclined to agree, begin a limited season here in WI.
However, since the anit's have had the wolves re-listed as endangered, even killing one in selfe defense may open the shooter up to presecution.
Last year, from what I recall, the DNR said that about 6 wolves were killed\found dead after the deer hunting season's were over.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

The wolf is the perfect example of an apex preditor that is not being kept in check. With reasonable bag limits and harvesting numbers I see no reason to not have a season for them. As seen before you'll have people kill them if they become a problem with livestock. Its just those darn hippies
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say have a "season" on them just like other game. All game animals that are managed in each state thrive, none are wiped out of existance by controlled management hunting. The wolf should be the same. Thier numbers need to be kept in check.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

+ 1 for wolf season (tags required)
Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

i want to go on a wolf hunt sometime in my lifetime. so i say it is a good thing.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wolf hunting

Wolfs are hunters, they are better than you and I, and any animal fills their bill. If you and I were left unchecked we could quickly wipe out any species. That is the wolf, the ultimate predator,and if left unchecked they will deplete their prey ,then shift to an alternate , till the habitat can't support them. The process takes years, as does the recovery, in natures time frame it means little, but in our world we could live out a lifetime seeing only one extreme or the other. Hunting or Trapping predators is carefully controlled, to try keeping some balance, while some would have you believe nature will balance out the time frame between the top and bottom will be long and in many cases painful. Your next steak, porkchop, or rack of ribs is right at the top of the wolfs menu to. Not many farmers can stand the loss of even a few head of livestock. And while the government promises payment for losses it seldom happens.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ilyotehunter
i want to go on a wolf hunt sometime in my lifetime. so i say it is a good thing.
Alaska, is the answer to that dream. Here in the lower 48, Idaho and Montana will likely not see a wolf season again in the near future depending on what the anti-huting groups do in court.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Spike

Question: Moderators----how is it a banned person can post on here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.