Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Tips on getting rid of Live-trapped raccoons? >

Tips on getting rid of Live-trapped raccoons?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Tips on getting rid of Live-trapped raccoons?

Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drown them in a barrel.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Find a few folks that coon hunts and let them have them. You may even be able to pick up a few dollars so that they can train thier hounds with them..
Old 11-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Spike

Thanks for the great tips everyone! I really appreciate it as I am a true rookie when it comes to this. I'm going to continue with the live trap and I think I'll use a combination of the water barrel trick and am going to invest in a .177 1000fps pellet gun for ~$100 for when they're in the trees (or on my roof ). I figure that rifle will come in handy in the future sometime as well if I ever have bird or squirrel problems. I'll pick up some of the recommended pellets as well.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

if you cant use a 22 i would stop trapping i dont see trying out ways to kill and torchering the animal in the process. just my thought sorry if i sound like an ass
Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ilyotehunter
is it even legal to trap the animal in a live cage?
Yeah, it is legal
Old 11-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deerhunter518
if you cant use a 22 i would stop trapping i dont see trying out ways to kill and torchering the animal in the process. just my thought sorry if i sound like an ass
No worries, I appreciate the advice. I have to get rid of them though which is why I'm trying so hard to find the right method (I've stopped trapping until I can figure it out). Having potentially diseases feces in my yard and considering they've gotten into my attic and chimney twice each is good reason to get them outta here. Not to mention these things are aggressive as hell and we don't want to be in our yard at night.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Spike

Take a hose and run it from your exhaust pipe on your car. Put a tarp over the box trap with the coon inside and put the hose under the tarp. Start your car and let it run. Within a few minutes the CO will kill the coon quickly and painlessly.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by leman
Take a hose and run it from your exhaust pipe on your car. Put a tarp over the box trap with the coon inside and put the hose under the tarp. Start your car and let it run. Within a few minutes the CO will kill the coon quickly and painlessly.
That seems like the least amount of torture, I would try that.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by leman

lmao. you would have to redo the interior after that.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

what state do you live in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.