Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Air Rifle for squirrel hunting ?????? >

Air Rifle for squirrel hunting ??????

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air Rifle for squirrel hunting ??????

Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here you go;

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?...&productID=234
Old 01-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Air rifles are ideal for small game at shorter ranges, I've used them for that since childhood. Currently I use a Daisy 1000 springer, it can put a 4 grain wadcutter straight through a steel starting fluid can at 25 yards, with the 9 grain hollowpoints I use I've nailed squirrels and rabbits as far away as 35 yards. It's gotten to the point that if I walk out into the yard with it the squirrels all duck and cover. LOL!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive always used a 458 Win Mag for bushytails.U can just eat um off the ground,cuz there already cooked!Takes about 4 hours for um to git settled down after i shoot,i dont know why?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a 50 BMG for deer huntin.Eat them off the ground too!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SDK
Maybe someone in the know can answer another question that this brings up. For what possible reason are people buying these four and five hundred dollar airguns?

Some people have higher standards than others. Not just in guns but in just about everything else in life.

I have a Ruger 10/22 that I paid $106 for. Put a $150 barrel on it, $450 scope on it, couple hundred bucks on a stock, mounts etc and spent hours polishing out the action and bedding it.

Because I can.

It doesn't have to make sense to anyone but me.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

i have a crosman .177 one pump 1000 fps rifle. dropped a possum at 20 yards with a neck shot but did have to shoot it again in the head. never tried it on squirrels, but thinking about trying it next week.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw them usin air rifles on hogs on tv...it was tearin em up!!!!droppin like rocks..1 ran pretty far, but when they showed it, it was hard to believe that suker ran anywhere at all....it wasnt a pump up air rifle, it was top of the line i don remember the name though.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Thats the only way i hunt them. I have a crosman storm xt. That i have customized to my likeing. I think to answer the question asked earlier on why spend so much for an air rifle the answer is in the reason you buy an air rifle in the first place. Quiter, less powerful and cheap ammo cost. A lot of people like the fun of having to get within 30 4o yards and have to make a very precise shot because with such a small amount of power(my crosman generates 12 at the muzzle) you have very small margin for error in your kill shot.