Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

No "Predator" Contest...No Problem.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default No "Predator" Contest...No Problem.

I am actually kind of glad that Howler didn't start up another contest this year. I busted my behind way to much last year to get all of the kills I did. I will like being able to take a weekend off.

But...still. I will like to invite everyone that finds themselves looking down their scope at a predator to post their pictures of said predator here, in this thread.

Maybe I can contribute to this very thread, this weekend....after I take the wife pronghorn hunting.

then
Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah #40Fan your tore them up last year. Hope I have half the season this year you did last year
Old 10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just too busy to get'er going this year. Have at it whoever wants to spear head a contest.

Speakin' of pronghorn. I ended up buying one of the left of doe tags for GMU 120 and went down and camped at the Karval SWA Friday night. I planned on hunting some of the Big Game Access property in that unit. Well, so did 20+ other guys. Fortunately, I was in the right spot and got my doe down by 8:30. Also got checked at Pumkin Center where the CDOW had a check point set up. I had all my T's crossed and I's dotted, so no problem there. BUT, I did see 5 coyotes Sat. morning, all on the next property east of the walk in. They had me spotted, so I didn't even pull a call out of my pocket. Rancher told me they still got a lot of mange in that area. SO, coyotes got a free pass this last weekend.
How'd the wife do on the pronghorn?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awww man no contest, I was hoping to get smeared all over the board by Howler an #40 again this fall/winter! haha
Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

The wife had her pronghorn by 7:30. We went back to the house and got everything cut up and in the freezer. I went back out about 1 p.m. (I still had a doe tag to fill) and didn't see anything. When I was about to give up around 3:00 I began driving home when I spotted a coyote out in the field close to where the old lady got her kill so I decided to try and sneak up on it and call it in. When I got out there I found a hole where it more than likely crawled into so I just sat there for a while trying to squeak it out. Low and behold a doe pops up about 600 yards out. I managed to sneak up on it and took her down. Sucked having to carry that thing over 500 yards to the road. Meat in the freezer though.

Only saw two coyotes the whole day. This might actually be a good thing, not having the contest. Let them repopulate some. I am sure the damn planes will have their way with them.

Last edited by #40Fan; 10-07-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yip, can bet the planes will work them over again.

See there, looking for antelope, you see coyotes, looking for coyotes, you see antelope. Ain't that how it almost always works!!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

You might be right, Howler. I am going antelope hunting for the rest of the winter then.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

I'll start her out.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scenery looks very familuar to a couple that ya posted last year, and I see the mange still runs rampant! Yuck!! Mother Nature is sometimes one cruel B$tch!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I got out this morning with the primary goal of shooting 3 rifles to check POI and to test some new loads for one of them. Got out in time to do one stand before doing the other "stuff", at sunrise. I should call it quits for the season, one stand called, one coyote called, one shot taken, I'm 100% for the season in all aspects.
First coyote with my newest pet, ,243 wssm. The shot was about 45 yards, quartering away, 75 gr. hp didn't leave too bad of a hole, concidering it went through the far shoulder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.