HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Tagged my Wolf yesterday in Idaho's Hunt!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/302435-tagged-my-wolf-yesterday-idahos-hunt.html)

millagerobert 09-02-2009 06:13 PM

Tagged my Wolf yesterday in Idaho's Hunt!!

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile guys, been a chaotic couple of months. My goal for this falls hunting season came to be 20 minutes into the first ever wolf season...now I am dealing with the fallout good and bad...I've become the target for all the enviro's, you wouldn't believe the foul stuff they will call up and say to an absolute stranger....trying to force someone to conform to your ideas through threats and harassment, not very American if you ask me....but I am thick skinned, and take solace in knowing by taking the heat I am sparing some other person from it, and I made Grandpa proud, and that's the only critic I pay heed to anyways...Attachment 1968

boilermaker85 09-02-2009 06:16 PM

vERY NICE JOB! THANKS FOR SHARING. (GOTTA LOVE GRAMPS) I KNOW I DID!

millagerobert 09-02-2009 06:21 PM

I imagine you want a couple hunt details as well, it's been a circus the last 24 hours so here is a little bit of the details.

I went up into the National Forest the night before season opened and high mountain road where I could listen for howling in various drainages. Around dark I found a drainage where the wolves were going crazy, so I went back to the nearest campsite and set camp. I woke up at 3am, and walked a little ways towards the sound of the still howling wolf pack around 4am. I sat up and waited to call at daylight. After about 20 minutes of coyote distress calling the pack came in, with the female I took stepping out first. A quick 30 yard shot from the Tikka .243 and my wolf was on the ground, 100 grain core locks make good wolf medicine.......pics on my blog as usual....type my name and wolf killer into google to see what the whacko enviros are up to with me, they are posting my info everywhere...fight back for me if you would like......I am done for the day....good hunting...

wayles 09-02-2009 06:27 PM

Good job!

You just saved several head of game animals. Too bad the limits only one. Good job!
Wayles

Muley669 09-02-2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by millagerobert (Post 3428461)
I imagine you want a couple hunt details as well, it's been a circus the last 24 hours so here is a little bit of the details.

I went up into the National Forest the night before season opened and high mountain road where I could listen for howling in various drainages. Around dark I found a drainage where the wolves were going crazy, so I went back to the nearest campsite and set camp. I woke up at 3am, and walked a little ways towards the sound of the still howling wolf pack around 4am. I sat up and waited to call at daylight. After about 20 minutes of coyote distress calling the pack came in, with the female I took stepping out first. A quick 30 yard shot from the Tikka .243 and my wolf was on the ground, 100 grain core locks make good wolf medicine.......pics on my blog as usual....type my name and wolf killer into google to see what the whacko enviros are up to with me, they are posting my info everywhere...fight back for me if you would like......I am done for the day....good hunting...

Outstanding. If they get to personal I am only a phone call away, I have no qualms cracking some tree hugger head. Some of the folks are way out in left field. You done good, real good, kudos from Montana.:hail:

Colorado Cajun 09-02-2009 07:51 PM

Great job! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully a lot more wolves will be taken this year. I wouldn't complain if every single one was taken.

wyomingtrapper 09-02-2009 08:24 PM

Congratulations on a nice canine.

Champlain Islander 09-03-2009 04:40 AM

Nice job Robert and when I read the article in our local Vermont paper I knew it had to be you as I recognised the name from past HNI posts. Stand proud that you accomplished such a goal.

crenshaw 09-03-2009 04:51 AM

Awesome Job, and dont worry about those whacko enviro's. They will move on to something or someone else sooner or later and you know what you did is not only an accomplishment but something that has to be done!

hunterojc 09-03-2009 05:54 AM

congrats and good job on taking this sweet animal. I agree that you should be able to kill more than one if the opporunity presents itself. I hate tree huggers with a passion. Congrats again.