Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Fur prices

Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Spike

PA. and prices are about the same all of the states.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Spike

C:\Users\kent\Pictures\2009-03-07 2009 end of cat season we averaged 240 dollars on this set. Coyotes averaged 22 dollars. coons were about 16, badger 18, and fox were about 23 dollars. all sold to country fur buyers. I am not familiar with the auction houses and may have done a little better there
Old 07-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Spike

well that try at posting a picture didnt work hehee
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by wyheadhunter
C:\Users\kent\Pictures\2009-03-07 2009 end of cat season we averaged 240 dollars on this set. Coyotes averaged 22 dollars. coons were about 16, badger 18, and fox were about 23 dollars. all sold to country fur buyers. I am not familiar with the auction houses and may have done a little better there

I call major BS on them being average prices. Who was your country fur buyer? And no you would not of done better at auction houses.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well than you did well,, prices were down all over, in most spots lt's hard to even end up with gas money
Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not in it for money,the reason i want to trap is to thin the population of the predators on my property,because they are REALLY overpopulated.And they kill some of the game animals i hunt. thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Spike

hello cvtrapper and while we are tossing out b.s. flags I would like to toss one out for you (and all prices are about the same in all of the states). but your b.s. flag is a good one because I forgot to add in the $20 we get for bounty on our coyotes on top of fur price. that would make them a $35 average and change. We aint real good trappers and concentrate on cats mainly. the rest are incidentals so the numbers are low for what you probably catch. our main target is cats and we held them till the end of the season for our buyer which I am sure cost us. we sold the rest as we got fur put up to pay for gas and got better prices early than we did late when the fur was better. I also forgot that we sold one fox to taxidermy and that brought our average up some. two of our fur buys throughout the season, for our fox coon coyotes and badger i cannot remember there names but can tell you one was out of northern Colorado and the other out of Utah. the third buyer we sold to was Petzka out of Nebraska. The cats at the end of the season we held for man named Don Judkins of Fort Benton Furs, out of Orofino ID. He is a really nice man and honest, You can call him for questions but dont know if he will give you what you want as he seems to be an honest and respectable man. I am sorry if you dont average what most that put there furs up well average around these parts as now I know that (all prices are ABOUT the same in all states) maybe you dont put your fur up and sell green? maybe you lack a little in fur handling? I dont know and dont pretend to. I do know that we aren't real good trappers but I can tell you that we put 150% into fur handling to make sure we squeeze every dollar out of the precious critters we harvest. And I do believe that our cat buyer will back us up to the hilt on that.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wyheadhunter
hello cvtrapper and while we are tossing out b.s. flags I would like to toss one out for you (and all prices are about the same in all of the states). but your b.s. flag is a good one because I forgot to add in the $20 we get for bounty on our coyotes on top of fur price. that would make them a $35 average and change. We aint real good trappers and concentrate on cats mainly. the rest are incidentals so the numbers are low for what you probably catch. our main target is cats and we held them till the end of the season for our buyer which I am sure cost us. we sold the rest as we got fur put up to pay for gas and got better prices early than we did late when the fur was better. I also forgot that we sold one fox to taxidermy and that brought our average up some. two of our fur buys throughout the season, for our fox coon coyotes and badger i cannot remember there names but can tell you one was out of northern Colorado and the other out of Utah. the third buyer we sold to was Petzka out of Nebraska. The cats at the end of the season we held for man named Don Judkins of Fort Benton Furs, out of Orofino ID. He is a really nice man and honest, You can call him for questions but dont know if he will give you what you want as he seems to be an honest and respectable man. I am sorry if you dont average what most that put there furs up well average around these parts as now I know that (all prices are ABOUT the same in all states) maybe you dont put your fur up and sell green? maybe you lack a little in fur handling? I dont know and dont pretend to. I do know that we aren't real good trappers but I can tell you that we put 150% into fur handling to make sure we squeeze every dollar out of the precious critters we harvest. And I do believe that our cat buyer will back us up to the hilt on that.

What you posted was mis-leading. There was no mention on bounties or on saling to private owners and there is no mention in bobcats in your post. So the average you posted was not real sale to the dealer average prices. That was very mis-leading to the person who wanted to know what fur prices was. So BS was appropriate to call. I talked to trappers from your state on Tman forum. Some of the best on there and no way did they get them kind of averages from their fur. Don't believe me.Post on there your average for those critters and get ready for alot of BS flags to go up.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Spike

I did b.s. when I said all country buyers and should have said 99 percent country buyers and 1% buyers from the country. It was not b.s. that, that was the average WE got for our furs because we explore other avenues. You being such a well rounded trapper you never should have said (all prices are about the same in all states) cause I have relatives in Kansas that would love to average half what we do for our cats. And the reason I didn't say cats in the first post is cause I thought I was way better at a computer than I am and thought I could load the picture of the set of cats we got sorry for not dotting the I's and crossing the T's. would anybody know how to post a picture or could somebody smarter than me be able to do it? CV I am sorry for not being 100% truthful with you I left things out because I didn't want to write a novel or because I forgot about aspects of transactions I wasn't there for. when I saw your post I called my daddy to confirm aspects that were left out. I hope that you can forgive me for my oversights. I sure hope them boys in Texas and Kansas aren't led to believe that there bobcats are worth what Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon,and Nevada's cats are worth. And hey I used the spell check so as not to wrinkle no more tail feathers.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually cvtrapper, wyheadhunter did mention "cat" in his first post where he tried to post apparent pics. of a set that they caught "cats" in, ya gotta read close, but he did mention "cat". I sold all my coyotes in the round last winter and got from $8 -$12/ea. Now if I were to put the time and effort into putting them up finished, I'd suspect that I could've reached the $22. ea. mark that wyheadhunter quotes of getting. Not to far of a strecth to beleive that. I didn't sell any cats, badgers, fox, or coons, so I can't comment on those prices. BUT, again $22. for a finished coyote isn't hard to beleive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.