HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Homemade crow decoys?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/294388-homemade-crow-decoys.html)

jamsta123 05-19-2009 11:22 AM

Homemade crow decoys??

hey, does any one know how to make homemade crow decoys..???
i am looking to make my own homemade decoys, either just disposable or good ones...

could someone please post me a how to or tutorial on this??

thanks

and also any ideas on homemade crow callers???

Thank You,

Jake

13pointjomc 05-29-2009 04:32 PM

RE: Homemade crow decoys??

Hey,I got a buddy that wounds them and ties their feet to a tree, and lets the wounded crow call some more up!Now thats what he told me!I just use a mouth call,and sit back with my 12 gauge and BLAST away at them crows.I done killed 5 like that by myself.Hope this helps. good luck to you

13pointjomc 05-29-2009 04:33 PM

Hey,I got a buddy that wounds them and ties their feet to a tree, and lets the wounded crow call some more up!Now thats what he told me!I just use a mouth call,and sit back with my 12 gauge and BLAST away at them crows.I done killed 5 like that by myself.Hope this helps. good luck to you

nick_bleuer76 06-01-2009 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 13pointjomc

That may be illegal, check your local game laws!
If you are crow hunting in the winter, put some red food coloring in water, pour it in the snow to look like blood.

13pointjomc 06-02-2009 05:22 PM

It ain't my problem if it is illegal,because I don't hunt em the way mentioned 1st.I call em up with a crow call and shoot em up!I make sure they dead cause' I don't want em to suffer.

230hardball 12-31-2010 04:35 PM

hey in regards to making crow de3coys

i just g '.o to the dollar store they sell ..styraphome project board.it has like consruction paper4 bonded to both sides.its like 3/16 thick x 36 x36 inches...i then draw a crow outline on it several per4 board..cut them out with a box cutter. insret clothes hanger.sraight piece..about 10 inches long...into bottom edge of board...spray paint black....and let dry....you can get like 8 crows out of two boards...1.00 a can cheap black paint...about 5 bucks per 10

ADVWannabee 01-01-2011 09:45 AM

My grandmother would sew black fabric around a coat hanger and stuff it with pillow stuffing. You use a long pole to hang them in the tree and you have a crow. Pretty cool idea, I assume they worked but don't know. Now that I remember that, may have to make some myself. :D

BuckI380 01-01-2011 02:03 PM

I use a owl decoy, and staple a black rag to the bottom. makes it look like the owl has a crow in its claws.

J.M.A.N. 01-02-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by BuckI380 (Post 3751099)
I use a owl decoy, and staple a black rag to the bottom. makes it look like the owl has a crow in its claws.

I agree!:biggrin: They will come in hot and fast!

liquidorange 01-02-2011 07:46 AM

crumple up some newspaper into a crow body shape and rap with electrical tape.