Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Calling sequence question - confused

Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Calling sequence question - confused

I just purchased a FoxPro spitfire and did my first hunt this morning with it. I didn't call in any coyotes, but I did have 2 hawks diving at my decoy. Being brand new at this I was wondering what is a good calling sequence to use. I started out this morning with a locator howl, into some yips and female howls and then into some distress calling and nothing. I'm not sure if this stategy is correct or did I just scare every living coyote out of my neck of the woods. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to be going back out tonight for round two.

Good luck and good hunting.

Brian
Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

When we get all this new technology in our hands, we forget that we still need to be stealthy…………….

We still need to get in and out of each stand without alerting every animal in the area.

A mature hawk only scores 1 out of 10 attempts, so don’t get discouraged.

Remember to make it easy for him to be near cover in order for him to approach your set-up.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

I see you in PA. the thing you need to remember is that eastern yotes seem to be a lot tougher than the western ones, you could go days without calling one in. Just keep at it and you'll figure them out.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:39 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

try this... I use it almost every stand...

http://www.predatorxtreme-digital.co...me/200904#pg75