Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air rifle help

Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM

Default Air rifle help

heyy,, i am buying a pellet gun/ air rifle soon and was wondering, is there any ways of makeing them more powerfull?? if so then how and could you post some pictures or something??...

Thank You,

Jake
Old 05-16-2009, 12:24 AM

Default RE: Air rifle help

can any one help???
Old 05-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you can.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Contact " Butcher45" he will tell you everything about air rifles that you need to know.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: jamsta123

heyy,, i am buying a pellet gun/ air rifle soon and was wondering, is there any ways of makeing them more powerfull?? if so then how and could you post some pictures or something??...

Thank You,

Jake

Hi Jake,

What are you wanting to do with the rifle? Small game, predators, ????. Have you already decided what you are getting?

For a powerful rifle out of the box, look to the Korean rifles such as the .25 Sumatra, and the .45 Sam Yang. There are airgunsmiths out there that can improve on the power/consistency/performance of these rifles.

If you want a dedicated small game rifle (rabbits and squirrels), look to the new Crossman Marauder in .22, or the Korean Sumatra in .25 for a good bit more power. As far as a dedicated predator hunting rifle, I suggest the SamYang .45.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think that you can easily make them more powerful. I would say you are better off buying a more powerful gun that costs a little more. If you can't find an air rifle powerful enough for you, I'd suggest going to a centerfire rifle, because they make some pretty powerful air rifles. The only thing that you can do easily to get more out of your air rifle is to shoot good pellets. Some of the pellets, like PBA ammo are made to shoot faster, which might do the trick. Hope that helps.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ihuntandfish

I don't think that you can easily make them more powerful. I would say you are better off buying a more powerful gun that costs a little more. If you can't find an air rifle powerful enough for you, I'd suggest going to a centerfire rifle, because they make some pretty powerful air rifles. The only thing that you can do easily to get more out of your air rifle is to shoot good pellets. Some of the pellets, like PBA ammo are made to shoot faster, which might do the trick. Hope that helps.
Check out the Sam Yang .45 air rifle...knocks hogs over withinsixty (or better)yards...easy, and it can be made to shoot even better than factory. One powerful weapon...
Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Spike

Jamsta tells me he is 15 yrs old and lives in the UK, where there is a 12fpe power limit on pellet rifles.