Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east............. >

Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

If you are using cougar network as proof of anything other then the ability of a rumor to spread on the internet, you are fooling yourself only.

They have been coming to this forum for years with rumors, but when asked to post proof here repeatedly, they fail to do so and just disappear.

Steve
Old 04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Spike

I dont know about other states but here in South Florida many wish the damn felines would just go away.
Most ground dwelling species are on the menu and have been impacted severely.
Hogs have been eliminated in most of the everglades where there are documented populations of panthers.

Make them go away.[:@]

Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Spike

im right with ya dude,ive hunted inthe mountians of va all my life and i HAVE seen tracks,even thought i saw one cross a fire road up on the mountain years back but i couldnt be 100%sure.
i read an article a few years ago about a track being found in the chickahomony swamp and a few being found on the willis river banksin cumberland.
sooooo,theres do doubt in my mind they are here.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

I say let them come. I never go anywhere around here without my .357.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

true story...my cousin was driving through west va. headed to south carolina from ohio. around 4 a.m he hit what he thought looked like a labrador retriever at first. he tried to avoid hitting the animal by slowing down and turning the wheeland said he clipped its back legs and watched it half run/limp away. he got a better look at it as it crossed the road. i cant remeber if he made a report on this or not, but i believe his every word. hes a honest military man and accomplished hunter. he had a passenger with him alsohis bro-in-law who seen the same.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Spike

You know it's a tough call. The big cats are more active at night and generally don't make to much noise themselves although that doesn't stop their prey from reacting to their presence. I guess you don't really know unless you got a visual on it or it's tracks.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Their has beenrecorded sightings and trail cam photos in wisconsin.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:14 AM

What part of the valley are you from B tip? I heard people talk about that, but I don't know where in the valley it took place. I'm south of Harrisonburg a ways, and nothing that I know of has happened like that around here.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Spike

J, I'm Northwest of Harrisonburg a ways and what happened that night missed H-burg by about 10 miles to the North.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Spike

I persinally have never seen one but ive heard more increasingly reports at the local hunting store about a few of em running around the catskills...
I def believe they are out there.. I def will have my sights set on one if i see it too.,..

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.