Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

should i do it??

Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default should i do it??

i can trap yotes any time of the year and i was wondering should i trap them if there is a chance of me catching fox,or another animal out of season.
and if you think i should PLEASE! tell me in your opinion what the best way or bait is to avoid non-target catches!

thanks,
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: should i do it??

Um i think that you could, but i am not sure what you could use as bait so a another animal that is out of season is not caught.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:56 AM

i dont know if i would. lots of the bait you use for yotes is the same for fox its a gamble. i would just hunt them.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

Your right Luke, I would give them lead poisoning.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you use snares, you could maybe raise your snares up, minimizing the chance of catching a smaller critter like raccoon or fox. Maybe???
Old 02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Spike

what are you going to do with the fur?? what kind of traps are you going to use.. this is essential due to other critters that are out of season..lures have a lot to due with it as well.. to me it is not worth the pain of having to worry about catching anything else.. I like the element of PB it works well at long distances if you know what I mean?? shooting is the way to go, when everything else is out of season..
Old 02-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

If you use snares, you could maybe raise your snares up, minimizing the chance of catching a smaller critter like raccoon or fox. Maybe??? quote]

nick, you ever tried releasing a live coon from a snare.

I think its pretty much unanimous, use a GUN!!
Just scroll down a couple treads and read 08-09 predator score sheet.
Not to many trappers can get results that good.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

I am not a trapper, but wouldn't a foot hold do the trick? If you were to catch an out of season animal, just a release and you should be good?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

ya that would work some times but i am going after yotes i need a bigger trap for them there are some raccoons around they could get nosy and step in your set and break a leg i would have to realese it or mabey a fox would come to your set step on the pan and u would have him but i would have to realese it he would prob. become trap wise and not come to your set.....

but ya i would use a foot trap but there would be a problam but u were right i would use a fot trap but like i said not all would be ok..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.