Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Low Budget Call

Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Low Budget Call

I would agree with many of the guys that said mouth calls,you can get them any where from wally world to gander and mountain orany sporting goods store and you dont have to sound like a professional caller to call in a coyote.Being in the right place and getting there undetected is far more important than the sounds you make,I have called them in with turkey calls.they are predators looking for an easy meal.A good rabbit in distress call will call one in if your setup is good and scentfree,the wind is right and you are in a place where there are coyotes and in a location where the coyote things it's safe to get an easy meal.Most of all make as many sets as possible,every time you blow your call in a new area your chances get better of scoring!!Good Luck!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

I appreciate the replies. I guess I should have been more specific. I was wondering about an E-caller. I have been spending a lot of time on a few different predator forums and think I am going to give the El' Cheapo call a try.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Spike

What I did, was take my mp3 player and put on a bunch of Varmint Al's sounds on it and hooked it up to the Cass Creek Bighorn speaker that I purchased from Sportsman's Warehouse for about $40...it operates on I think 4 C cell batteries. So since I already had the player, it was a pretty cheap way for me to go. But if you don't already have one, they are pretty inexpensive, and you can get them just about anywhere.