Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyotes in the East (Maryland).

Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM

Default RE: Coyotes in the East (Maryland).

Quote--

Changeling- my hunting ground is in Clear Spring, MD which is about 40 minutes west of you. They tend to travel in groups out there and when they're around, you'll hear 10-20 howling together sometimes. They yip, howl, and make a heck of a racket... I saw one in the dark the morning of the gun opener this year. Too bad he didn't come by my ground blind about a half hour later!

End Quote--

You are not that far away, so I can expect them to start building up rather fast in my area as well.
I talked to an older hunter in a gun store in Mt Airy Maryland and he said he had called in a couple so far with his distress rabbit call.
When you say they "Yip", is it like a fox yip? I hear a "LOT" of yiping, especially in the early morning but just thought it was fox. I'll try and search on yote sounds and see if I can come up with some of the sounds they make.

Changeling