Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad? >

Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:46 PM

Default RE: Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Don't feel a bit of shame in what your did. I live out in the good open spaces of SD. We don't have alot of stray dogs but a few and I am not afraid to say I put around a dozen of them down the past few years. What we really have a problem with is feral cats. Every farm has 10 or more running around. Rule of thumb around here is if its more then a mile from a house without a colar it wasnt let outside to take a dump. Same for a dog. If it shows any sign of being a stray or agressive its going down.If its someones pet that they love so much you think they would atleast colar it and keep track of it. If they don't they didn't care for it that much in the first place...

Don't take it to hard for what you did.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well for everyone that wants to know...it looked filthy, it got tested and tested + for rabies and wes nile. The farmers son watched it kill 13 TURKEYS in his turkey barn...and i didnt shoot the damn thing cause it interupted my hunt (idk where in the hell that came from)...the reason i did it is cause the day the dog got into the turkey barns, The farmers son called me and asked if id seen it before. I tole him no. Then he described the dog as a st. bernard and lookd hust like the dog CUJO. So when i seen it thats exactly the first thing that popped into my mind. Then a bit afterwards, we took the dog over to the turkey barns and looked at its paw compared to the muddy track by the barn door and guess what??? A POSITIVE MATCH...size,shape,length,width.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

(wetpwdr53) piss off. Man i have evidence that its a stray so you can believe what you want...
Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

What a great command of the English language! Jesus loves you anyway.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Spike

Dang, you sure went through alot on this "wild dog" not only did you drag a 200+ lb dog out of the deer woods, you went C.S.I on him clear down to the print....If your "neighbor" described the dog to you as you said the "CUJO" looking ST.Bernard (probably not many like that around) Why did you go through the trouble to go as far as matching the prints??? West nile and rabies, (which that would have taken a week to get results back) Im not trying to be a #ick head (maybe im to much of a cop) but sounds like your trying to sugar coat your story to kosher yourself...either way what is done is done, you cant take back words/bullets(arrow). If I was you i would not respond to this post anyfurther so you dont keep getting hounded (lol) Me being a cop we look at all sides, and it never fails the guilty person always talks to much about what they done and ends up trying to make themselves look like a hero for there wrongdoing by twisting the story in a 180 degrees after the initial story.....in a nut shell you should of put in the initial post about the rebies the westnile the turkey slaying the prints etc....(you see where im coming from......like i said not bieng a #ick....just interesting topic.....

ORIGINAL: bigbucks98

Well for everyone that wants to know...it looked filthy, it got tested and tested + for rabies and wes nile. The farmers son watched it kill 13 TURKEYS in his turkey barn...and i didnt shoot the damn thing cause it interupted my hunt (idk where in the hell that came from)...the reason i did it is cause the day the dog got into the turkey barns, The farmers son called me and asked if id seen it before. I tole him no. Then he described the dog as a st. bernard and lookd hust like the dog CUJO. So when i seen it thats exactly the first thing that popped into my mind. Then a bit afterwards, we took the dog over to the turkey barns and looked at its paw compared to the muddy track by the barn door and guess what??? A POSITIVE MATCH...size,shape,length,width.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

Pet or Stray,you did a good job!Obviously the owner didn't care about the dog to be letting it run lose during deer season!I own a few beagles and love them to death,but wouldn't dare let them run lose during deer season.I don't even rabbit hunt with them until deer season is over.You did good!Any dog I see in the deer woods during season is going down,even if it has a colar on it!
Hey thats like my opinion... any dog I see out while kickin the bushes for mr. cottontail is dead.. collar or no collar, damn dogs chasin bunnies. That takes all the sport out of it. Maybe I should start bunny hunting in TN seems like there are too many dogs loose during bunny season and I am sure the TRUE rabbit hunters would be greatful since that way is the better more sportsmen way then using dogs..

So when you inviting me down to rabbit hunt brushbustin????

I hate ignorant comments, and I hate ignorant people even more. As a dog owner how could you even justify in your own little head that it is correct for you to shoot any dog collar or not that you see out of someones yard during your precious deer season?? I mean how would you feel if you were out rabbit hunting and one of your dogs got away from you onto the neighbors property (and dont tell me you dogs wouldnt do that because I have been around rabbit dogs most of my life and they will still get away from time to time), and on that neighbnors property was a guy who was trying to varmint hunt or better yet was rabbit hunting by doing it the old fashioned way and kicking the bushes yourself without a dog, and that guy decided that your beagle that was over there was not suppose to be out there running around because he was hunting and it bothered the way he hunted and he shot it? Now According to yoru previous statements you should have no right to get angry because you just lost your favorite Branko gypor your son or grandson's beagle that they had raised from a pup, no sir just smile and walk the otherway knowing he lived by the same code of ethics as you. I know you can handle this right, no problem...OR would youget pissed about it?I am assuming that you would be pissed and hence establishes a double standard on your part... it's ok for you to murder someone else's dog but dont let anything happen to yours.. I think they should make all pet owners take some sort of test before allowing them to own another living creature,sorta like a driverslic. test, pass/fail noin the middles on it. Yes I am sure thatthere would be a share of hound owners who deer hunt who wouldnt pass,as well as different hunting breeds and pet owners, thats fine with me, maybe wewouldnt have such issuesif the were a test.

One last thought here, you should probably run for president with this type of vigilante attitude toward anything you don't participate in, you would have all our world problems solved in short order I am sure!

Not a rant just a thought for someone who thinks about something other than his self.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: KSPOLICEMAN
Me being a cop we look at all sides, and it never fails the guilty person always talks to much about what they done and ends up trying to make themselves look like a hero for there wrongdoing by twisting the story in a 180 degrees after the initial story.....

This is the biggest load of BS I have heard in a while. As a law enforcement officer you're taught to only look at whats legal. You and I both know it. You're "everyone is lying to me" cop mentality is exactly why people don't like police officers.

Bottom line is this: if you value your pet, keep it off my place. I don't care if it has new Christmas bows in its hair. If he's on my place up to no good then he's getting one in the engine room.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice range of attitudes here. I think the original intent was for someone to discuss shooting a dog that, by all indications, was clearly a nuisance animal. It is a very far leap to go from there to the attitude that you can shoot any dog you see out running rabbits or deer. Even if you do feel justified in doing so, sometimes itcan bea great way to alienate neighbors and likely get your butt kicked. I can't stand cats running around eating small game, but you can bet your butt that I would think twice about shooting one that I know belonged to my neighbor. That would be a wonderful way for me to lose access to 120 acres of prime hunting ground. Sometimes what you think is the "right" thing to do can turn out to be pretty stupid in the long run. Think it thru before you pull the trigger on any tame animal.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Just for the record I am TOTALLY AGAINST SHOOTING ANY DOG unless it is directly a threat to my or someone elses well being.

I am a dog owner and love them like I do my kids. They are treated as a memeber of the family at my house.

I was just trying to show someone else's ignorance in my post above...

ONCE AGAIN I DO NOT CONDONE THE SHOOTING OF ANY DOG!!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: eng40sqd

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

Pet or Stray,you did a good job!Obviously the owner didn't care about the dog to be letting it run lose during deer season!I own a few beagles and love them to death,but wouldn't dare let them run lose during deer season.I don't even rabbit hunt with them until deer season is over.You did good!Any dog I see in the deer woods during season is going down,even if it has a colar on it!
Hey thats like my opinion... any dog I see out while kickin the bushes for mr. cottontail is dead.. collar or no collar, damn dogs chasin bunnies. That takes all the sport out of it. Maybe I should start bunny hunting in TN seems like there are too many dogs loose during bunny season and I am sure the TRUE rabbit hunters would be greatful since that way is the better more sportsmen way then using dogs..

So when you inviting me down to rabbit hunt brushbustin????

I hate ignorant comments, and I hate ignorant people even more. As a dog owner how could you even justify in your own little head that it is correct for you to shoot any dog collar or not that you see out of someones yard during your precious deer season?? I mean how would you feel if you were out rabbit hunting and one of your dogs got away from you onto the neighbors property (and dont tell me you dogs wouldnt do that because I have been around rabbit dogs most of my life and they will still get away from time to time), and on that neighbnors property was a guy who was trying to varmint hunt or better yet was rabbit hunting by doing it the old fashioned way and kicking the bushes yourself without a dog, and that guy decided that your beagle that was over there was not suppose to be out there running around because he was hunting and it bothered the way he hunted and he shot it? Now According to yoru previous statements you should have no right to get angry because you just lost your favorite Branko gypor your son or grandson's beagle that they had raised from a pup, no sir just smile and walk the otherway knowing he lived by the same code of ethics as you. I know you can handle this right, no problem...OR would youget pissed about it?I am assuming that you would be pissed and hence establishes a double standard on your part... it's ok for you to murder someone else's dog but dont let anything happen to yours.. I think they should make all pet owners take some sort of test before allowing them to own another living creature,sorta like a driverslic. test, pass/fail noin the middles on it. Yes I am sure thatthere would be a share of hound owners who deer hunt who wouldnt pass,as well as different hunting breeds and pet owners, thats fine with me, maybe wewouldnt have such issuesif the were a test.

One last thought here, you should probably run for president with this type of vigilante attitude toward anything you don't participate in, you would have all our world problems solved in short order I am sure!

Not a rant just a thought for someone who thinks about something other than his self.

You don't think about anything except what your narrow view how things should be. You are the problem with society. You want to condemn everyone that doesn't agree with your opinion, and you think you know enough to say what is right and wrong. Then, you go even farther saying whatever you think will happen and stating it as fact. Who died and made you God? Your more than welcome to express your opinions, but you have no right at all to go around telling people how they would act in a situation, and especially when all you know about then is it a short paragraph on a internet forum. For all you know he is the most upstanding guy your likely to meet. He could be the Pope for all you know. Where do you get off telling people how they will act and how there dogs act. I have been around many good dogs that wouldn't wounder farther than vocal range. Shows what you know. I hate when people think that if they were in charge of things that they would do this and that like they see all sides of the issue and know the action that would solve all the problems. If you were so all knowingly intelligent then you would be in charge of something more than where you are now. And, just for future reference when you assume you make an ASS-out-of-U-and-ME.

Edit: in regards to the post above that is what you should have said in the first place so we could see what you felt and known you are a bleeding heart puppy lover and taken all your comments with that in mind. Not that I dis on your love of canines, but that will affect your view of anything that has to do with dogs. And, if you don't believe me that is fine just look at any situation where there is a need to make a crucial decision that will put lives in danger. You will see that anyone who has loved ones in the fray is removed from the decision making process. Emotions cloud judgment.

Quick Reply: Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.