Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad? >

Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Many people on here will think im a bad person for what i did this morning and im not quite sure im that good of one after i made the decision either...but there was good conditions this morning so i figures id get up grab the bow and head out. Well i got there and wasnt in the stand 15 or 20 minutes and i saw 2 does and a good sized 9 point with them and made the decision that i was goin to harvest him. Well he got to about 15 yards and stopped facin me? Looked beack and then halled balls out of the woods. I didnt know what happened...and then i heard more foot prints and though here comes MR. BIG. So i got setup and turns out it was a great big st. bernard looks just like cujo. And the neighbors have had trouble with that dog and 6 others in the past few weeks. i whistled he stopped and i drilled him.Well i thought i had done a good deed beacuse weve seen these dogs runnin cattle and they killed one of my neighbors lambs. But then i started to doubt myself???? What do you guys think???
Old 12-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Default RE: Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Are there houses around?

If I had ANY doubt that it was a pet, I wouldnt shoot...Stray, is gone. Stray dogs are more vicious than any coyote you can run across. I just dont think I could kill another man's pet because he was trompin through the woods in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Nope the only thing around is my neighbors turkey barns and sheep/cattle pens.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

I think you did the right thing, i let a dog go on my lease in ohio and regretted it for the rest of the trip(saw it running deer 4 out of the 10 days i was there)
Old 12-13-2008, 02:11 PM

This year a guy i let hunt on my farm shot at a dog. Hes no longer allowed to hunt on my land because of this. IMOthe only time you should shoot a dog is when it needs it. (poor health, in pain, etc...) just my .02 cents.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:36 PM

I doubt you did a thing wrong stray dogs are just like coyotes!
Old 12-13-2008, 05:17 PM

if it wasnt someones pet than you didnt do anything wrong. we about shot apit bulltoday but we werent sure whos it was. but i agree they can be dangerous if not taken care. just make sure its a stray
Old 12-13-2008, 08:31 PM

Shoot it...no question. If it's a pet, I shoot beside it the first time he's there and try and find an owner. Second time, he's done. I see no reason that's dog's life is more important than a deer's...or any other wild animal.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Well i talked to my neighbors and the cattle/sheep farmer and his son confirmed that its one of the strays. The farmers son said he shot at the same dog cause he was in the turkey barn and killed 13 turkeys. But missed. So i hope that it was the right decision.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:10 PM

If the dog dont have a collar on and theres trouble in the area from dogs kill it.

Quick Reply: Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.