HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Trail cam pic...need help identifying... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/27761-trail-cam-pic-need-help-identifying.html)

SCRIDER1 04-05-2003 04:51 PM

Trail cam pic...need help identifying...

Hey, gang...I found this on my most recent roll of film from the trail camera...I think I know what it is, but I can' t believe it if I' m right. I want to know what you think to see how many of you think its the same thing I do. Assuming most of you have more experience with predators than me, I' m interested in your opinions. This is the first and only shot I' ve gotten of anything resembling this...
Thanks!
SC

mrfishy34 04-05-2003 05:25 PM

RE: Trail cam pic...need help identifying...

looks like a cougar to me.

stuckinthereeds 04-05-2003 08:04 PM

yeah. It looks like a mountin lion

confused272 04-05-2003 08:39 PM

What state do you live in? If you live in a place where cougars live thats probably what it is. If not I dont know.

IrishLad32 04-05-2003 08:42 PM

I agree that it looks like a cougar too.

Brandan

SCRIDER1 04-06-2003 11:13 AM

Thanks, everybody...my first impression was that its a mountain lion, too...in fact, if we were known to have them around here, I dont think there would be any question about it...but according to our Game and Fish folks, we dont...in fact, an interesting note is that the lady at the photo lab where I got these developed was pretty excited to see it because she said she and her husband thought they saw a mountain lion near one of their pastures last year but when they reported it to Game and Fish, they were told there was no way thats what they saw. And I doubt this one--if thats what is--is the one they saw because they live at least 8 or 10 miles from where this was taken. I guess it could be the same one, but what are the odds of that? I' m still interested in other ideas...could it be some kind of dog? It looks too " cat-like" to me, but still would like input.
Thanks!

PAhunter86 04-06-2003 12:02 PM

I just edited this post, the body looks a lot like that of a cougar. I' m guessing its a cougar

who_else 04-06-2003 12:48 PM

i think it is a cougar, who_else

IrishLad32 04-06-2003 01:03 PM

You can see that there' s white on the face, and cougars have white patches on their faces.

Brandan

CahillNH 04-06-2003 03:37 PM

i gotta agree with the others. pretty cool if it is.