HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Sucky fur prices (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/276470-sucky-fur-prices.html)

Lanse couche couche 12-02-2008 09:49 AM

Sucky fur prices

Had a long talk with my local furbuyer last night. He said that the market is pretty bad this year. He is only paying 9 dollars for a really good XXX coon, and the price drops way off once you get much smaller than that. Evidentally, the global economic problems is impacting the demand for fur in places like Russia that buy much of the American fur.

Pure Predator 12-02-2008 12:53 PM

RE: Sucky fur prices

What did he say about coyotes...

Mike

Lanse couche couche 12-02-2008 01:00 PM

I didnt ask. But usually if the price sucks on coons, it is gonna suck for coyotes too. I think that the depressed prices are gonna involve all other kinds of fur as well.

sammy_tat 12-02-2008 04:48 PM

5$ maybe for a coyote. If you read the report or knew the buyers real good,they would of called you before season and told you to sell all the furs before dec as I was told to do. If your trapping these animals just skin and flesh and freeze them and hold onto them. Your not going to lose anything by holding them till next year. If you got a big enough freezer(S). Pulled all my traps last week. Not worth my time.

Lanse couche couche 12-03-2008 06:40 AM

Yep, one option is selling quickly before the market bottoms out. But then again, in some places you can still legally sell fur until well into March. There is a slight chance that prices could rebound if the economy improves.

jecole360 12-03-2008 08:39 PM

Anybody know what a red fox would go for in Indiana?

Howler 12-10-2008 07:16 PM

It's official, sold 8 coyotes tonight, in the round, and got $10. cross the board. Half what I got for the last two winters. [:@]

coyote#68 12-10-2008 07:30 PM

that stinks,but beats the crap out of letting them lay there,here in my part of the country they wouldn't bring near that their furs usually aint thick enough to bring much down here! Still fun hunting them though!!

ntcbassman 12-12-2008 10:01 AM

no expert here but with a poor economy the first things to go are the luxuries. many guys who would like to purchase a fur for the lady or a lady who would like to treat themselves may be thinking twice if they aren't sure their job will be around to pay for it.

im sure the russian furs can't help the prices either. best of luck guys and hope your fortunes change for the better

jecole360 12-12-2008 03:52 PM

My brother in law just sold 2- coyotes, 1-red fox, 1-mink and1-muskrat and he onlygot like$25 for all 5 animals! If that doesn't suck I don't know what does![:@]