HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Electronic call advice (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/275516-electronic-call-advice.html)

cybersniper 11-26-2008 06:14 AM

Electronic call advice

Hello, I'm planning to ask for an electronic call for christmas and I'm not sure which to get. I will be hunting Wisconsin farm country (open fields) primarily for coyotes. I'm not looking for the cheapest model, and I'm sure I don't need all the features of the best. I just need something that is decent and will bring in the yotes. I've also heard a decoy is a good idea. Any advice is appreciated!

Steve

Howler 11-26-2008 06:55 AM

RE: Electronic call advice

Skip the decoy idea and have that money invested in a better Ecaller. Look at the Fox Pro's and Minaska callers.

BlackLab 11-26-2008 09:58 AM

Foxpro = Man's best friend and predators worst nightmare

cybersniper 11-26-2008 06:06 PM

Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse have the Fox Pro FX3 on sale for $399.99 from $499.99. Is this a good model and price? Thanks

BlackLab 11-27-2008 11:16 AM

The FX3 is a good model and will give you years of fun. Foxpro has the new Fury which is a couple hundred more.It's a FX3 on steroids. Go to their web site lots of info and they have whats called a bargin cave (I think) were you can get refurbished units for a good price. G L ;)

coyote#68 11-27-2008 06:59 PM

I love my FX3,but there are a lot of good e-callers that are more budget friendly.Johnny Stewart preymaster is a good caller for about 1/4 the price of a FX3 and now they offer a wireless model.I also saw primo's had a wireless model out.You can also get one of foxpro's models that are around 200 dollars.Just dont rush and check them out good and make sure they are backed with a warranty.GOOD LUCK!!

North Texan 11-28-2008 09:34 AM

I really like my FX3.

cybersniper 11-28-2008 10:32 AM

Thanks for all the advice! I'm sure I will keep researching, but right now I'm on the waiting list for the new Fury.The Furydoes all the FX3 and FX5 do plus a bunch more. The best thing aboutthe Furyis the price is much lower than a FX5, and isslightly more thana FX3. Hopefully they give you an idea of which calls on the caller are good ones to start with for the yotes!

Steve

yodeldog3 11-29-2008 01:50 PM

You can bet that more dogs have died comin to a rabbit or jackrabbit distress than maybe all other calls put together. Then somtimes it's the song they never herd that will bring in a old wise yote.

thegunrunner2001 12-01-2008 11:24 AM

If you want theBest do away with the Rest Wildlife Technology best on the market as far as volume sounds are all digital studio quality