Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Feral Cats...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Feral Cats...

This may rub some the wrong way.... But... We all kill the coyote cause he devastates our game animals... But how do you all feel about feral cats which cause just as much, or if not moredamage to the pheasants and the quail.

Mike
www.purepredator.com

Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Feral Cats...

They are very bad on small game and have no business wandering all over the place.If i catch or see one that I know does not belong where it is at, it is a dead kitty.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up on the farm and we always had cats around, but I think that cats are like rabbits because they can multiply real fast so about twice a year my dad and I would have to go out and thin the herd. Last fathers day I bought him a 22 revolver, he was so excited because the cats had learned when he went outside with the rifle to run under the shed. Now when he goes outside he just puts it in his back pocket and pulls it when needed.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Cats are fair game, on the one dairy farm I hunt I won't killem, but everywhere else,,,,dead cats is the rule. especilly when the calling is over.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

I usually leave them alone around barns and out buildings but they had better not come to the call,because they then become a predator and a very efficent hunter and end up not going back to the barn or out buildings,I used to not beleive they killed as many animals and birds as they actually do,but my little girl has a outside cat that gets fed very well twice daily with food that sometimes sits on the porch rail overnight because she isn't hungry,but it isn't many days that go by that she doesn't kill a bird or mole or mouse,because she is a natural predator.I dont beleive in shooting someones pets but theferal cat is a never ending problem all over the U.S. they multiply rapidly and can survive on there own very well.LET THE FUR FLY!! MEOW!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thats the way I feel and me and the wife got in a pretty heated arguement over this.. Because I was in the deer stand and I stuck one to the ground with my bow... I should have never told her... but you guys have backed me up pretty well...

Thanks

Mike
www.purepredator.com
Pure Predator Custom Calls
Old 11-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

They are very bad on small game and have no business wandering all over the place.If i catch or see one that I know does not belong where it is at, it is a dead kitty.
I agree!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Indiana doesn't allow you to shoot domestic animals unless they're causing damage to your property. Once on my property they're in violation of both the state and county leash laws, the only reason they come here is the bunnys I've been cultivating for four years and consider a valuable asset to my property, which makes them fair game and possum chow in the making.There's a black and white one that skulks my land occasionally, and he's already had his one warning shot, next time it's the turkey choke/7.5s and no sympathy.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feral cat = dead cat by penetrating trauma in my book. I've seen the damage they can cause to wildlife.

Cat with a collar = live cat that can walk away and live out the rest of its 9 lives.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

I couldn't bring myself to it. I don't even know if I could kill a bobcat if I saw one. Trap and relocate if they are that bad of a problem. If they are killing mice and other rodents, why bother with them.

Quick Reply: Feral Cats...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.