Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Feral Cats...

Old 11-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Feral Cats...

They kill far more than mice and other small rodents.. and if people can not take propar care of thier pets the do not deserve them.. My wife will not let me kill them but I told her if she can not find away to make them leave on thier own then something is about to be done with them..Here is a pic of a feral cat in my pheasant pen.. They have found ways to get under it and also have chewed holes threw the netting to get at them.. I had 50 pheasants in this pen and now I only have 4 left.. I am ripped about it.. Most of these come from pet owners that can not or will not take care of them.. So they in turn dump them off some place so that they can bread and make even more problems.. I have purchased a live trap today and told the wife find a home for these wild cats or else.. They have to go!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've caught 17 cats in a live trap and here it is against the law to shoot them so they went to an animal shelter..
1 cat had 4 kittens and they were able to put them up for adoption and the others well I guess they were to wild so they
had to be put to sleep by them. I am hoping that most of the problems that I have had is now gone away..
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

A cat(feral or not)is an efficient and ruthless predator,they will hunt a species to extinction.As has been stated a cat with a collar is safe from me but no collar=dead cat.I do not speak of it to the better half or anyone else I just take careof the problem and feed the Possums my Savage Mark 2 has accounted for quite a few feral cats.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 PM

ya i don mess with cats either if i see one its usually threw over the hill side
Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Spike

Well short story for you....
First day crossbow hunting this year I am sitting on the rim of a nice corn field close to two really nice ground scrapes. About 8am I have a very nice 6 pointer come strolling thru and does and little scraping and a piss, proceeds to come up to the Corn and have a look at the edge. Turns and starts walking towards my tree stand....can not get a shot even tho he is 25 yards or less away due to some big brush. So I set on him at 10 yards once he comes thru the brush. he gets to about 15 yrads and bamm...up come the ears and that fawking white tail. I say to myself, I am down wind, I have not moved, I am set for the kill shot, safety is off I am ready to rock...WTF just happened....and who comes strolling out of the corn like they own the area?? About 15' from the Buck strolls this orange and white Cat. The buck just stays frozen as the Cat walks down and past my stand and continues off along the corns edge.
The Buck gives a little snort and turns and walks the other way. I bleep him a couple times and he turns and looks, circles around behind me and walks off.

That was my first day deer hunting ever...If I could go back i would shoot that cat and hang his pelt on the bumper of my truck.

Now a cat w/a collar/bell i would leave be, but a big old feral cat is going to get some love from me next time I think.
Cheers
GIBB
Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

Yep I am trained in cat removal as well as the 3S system. Not only do I control wild populations in the woods I also control which cats make it or not on my uncle's farm. They have 2 females that are fixed that can live the rest have to go. If anyone has cat problems and needs assistance just give me a ring we can set up a deal.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

haha i see a cat and its DING DING DING I SCORE POINTS!!!!!lol i shot one out of my backyard on thanksgiving this year with my parents over. Shot it with a 338 federal. Mom was kinda pissed. Dad thought it looked like fouth of july with all the "red mist"
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM

Because they're not just killing mice and other rodents. They kill everything small and alive...it's there nature. And even if it was just mice and rodents, those rodents are part of a food chain that does not include domestic cats. Most of these cats just kill it to kill it...not even for food. Peace out, kitty. I hate if for ya.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kill every cat I see around my place. They are a very effecient pheasant killing machine. A guide that I know in Montana says if mt lions had wings, nothing would be alive.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:11 PM

Judgement is in order for what is feral and what is a pet. Trapping close to rural areas or close to farm lands might be a pet. I caught 2 cats and a dog this year. The dog had no collar but it is a neighbors dog. The one cat I got about 2 weeks ago was a feral cat. I know this because I shot it's momma last year under my shed she was living. I should of done the same to the kitten but I let it live. I gave it a warning though when I released it. No lives left if I catch you again. I caught a black one today. Not sure if it's a neighbors or what. It was very upset in my NO.2 monty. No damage to it at all from that trap. But then again,cats don't struggle much when caught to do much damagae to them.I let it go also with a warning. It's about judgment on these feral animals.

Quick Reply: Feral Cats...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.