Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Minaska Outdoor Inc

Old 10-18-2008, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This is to everyone waiting for a reason...

I am in the decision making prcess right now between the Minaska and the FoxPro. Everything I have read about the Minaska is good. I was truly considering one. But customer service is very important. It sounds like the fellow from Minaska is trying to set the record straight. However I also believe BA. He may be a bit rough in some of his posts, but they are normally true and on the mark with his comments and experience, just a little rough on the delivery. Well we will see how things work out. Tom.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: minaskasteve

Why Minaska Outdoors has not been able to fill orders as planned.

To start off with we relocated our entire operation almost next door to our engineers 60,000+ Sq ft building to better serve our customers. Just before making this move we placed a large order for circuit boards and paid thousands of dollars in advance for the boards with the understanding that they would be delivered shortly after getting into our new facility.

We made the move into our new facility and continued to check the status of our circuit board order that was supposed to be received around the 4th of July. We then started finding it hard to get into contact with our engineering firm always leaving a message or talking to their assistant… "Ohthey are at a product show in Chicago" etc. Finally we had to confront these individuals to see what the delay was.

We then found out the boards were never ordered and our engineers had larger customers than us to worry about so they were not going to be able to deliver. We also learned that all of our parts and the thousands of dollars they had were now suddenly something we were going to have to get our attorneys involved with and are currently fighting just to get back what was ours. Some of the parts are very hard to find and in turn caused us more of a delay.

We scrambled to find a new engineering firm that we felt comfortable working with and we did find one that is so far superior to the ones that we did have that it will be a blessing once this whole mess is all cleaned up and we can begin to move forward with them. Our new engineering team has extensive audio and RF expertise (very exciting things will be coming)!

We are very pleased with our new team! They are running our circuit boards and orders have begun to ship out. We apologize for the delays and assure you that we are doing everything humanly possible to make this up to our customers.

We will have our new remote membranes very soon (2 weeks or less) and begin to ship them out with each new order (included with all back orders at no additional charge) as well as offer them as an upgrade to existing customers. AND YES CASEY WE WILL SHIP YOU OUT A NEW MEMBRANE FOR YOUR ANGUISH!

We will also be including “something extra” (to make up for this extreme test of your patients) with your orders. I understand that this does not make up for the amount of time you have been waiting for your order but I am confident your purchase will have been worth the wait.

As for your questions about our warranty service… aside from the struggles we have been having as a result of this situation we are regarded as having a very high quality of customer service and we will continue to offer the best customer service possible! We stand behind our products 100%. We always have and we always will take care of our customers!

Minaska is one of only 2 game call manufacturers that are engineered, tested, assembled and 100% MADE IN THE USA.
Good to hear Steve. Your product is one of, if not the top electronic caller available right now, which is why we wanted it.

I'm eagerly awaiting my order and I can't wait to check the caller out. When I get it here I'll post and maybe include some pictures of me using it.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, there wasahiccup with the first attempt atshipping. The tracking number that I got showed the package hadn't even been picked up by UPS after a week.Steve saidthis was a problem with UPS.

Steve was good enough to send it 2nd day air and I recieved it yesterday. I looked it over last night and so far I'm very impressed with the quality.

I didn't see any "something extra" inthe boxbut he must be talking about the new membranes for the remote which he said he will send one out when he gets them, and that'sfine.

I've got it charging and this weekend I'll be using it to call wolves and cats.

What I find interesting is that when I emailed Steve to ask about why it appeared the shipment never left, he got back to me, literally in minutes.

Which is really what thiswas all about.

Any kind of communication would have prevented this whole situation. And by 'communication' I don't mean 2 months after the fact.

I totally understand that if he had problems with his subcontractor it would have been extremely difficult for him to get my order out.

To me, that's irrelevant.

Regardless of the reason for the delay, he did not contact either of us until almost two months later, after Iwas forced to make a big stink about it.

All he would have had to do is a) return my calls or b) reply to one of my emails.

And for the record, I never sent an email to him from the one he posted. I sent them from my gmail account and all they had to do was reply to it.

Had someone let us know at any point in time, that there was a delay, I would have totally understood.

It was the principle of the matter that they had my money, and all I had was 2 months of complete silence. We didn't even know there WAS a delay.

So I just wanted to get that straight with everyone.

In the end, he provided the product that I paid for, after some prodding.

Assuming he has this supply issue ironed out, which I think he does, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the service.

You certainly won't be disppointed with the quality of the product, and I'll post more about it when I get back from this trip.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to post a follow up on this. As you can see from above I finally got the product that I paid for. However, once I got a chance to look over everything it was apparent that several things seemed to be missing.

1. The "manual" (which is 4 pages printed from a PC and stapled together) made reference to a memory card reader used to add/delete/modify the calls stored on the card using PC. Other calls of the same model on Ebay have the card reader with them. There was no memory card reader included. I'm not sure if there is supposed to also be some type of software included also as the manual wasn't clear at all.

2. The manual also said to be sure to fill out the warranty and registration. There was no warranty paperwork or information in the package.

3. There was no cord for the included decoy. I had to go buy one at RadioShack.

4. The "something extra" that Steve said would be sent to those that had been waiting for 90 days never materialized either.

I've tried repeatedly to get ahold of someone there to see why I never got everything that was included, but again there was no response.

I will be submitting a review of Minaska to the BBB.

Other than those things the call is as promised.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things work out for ya keep us updated. Customer service should be #1.

Foxpro A preditors worst nightmare and a hunters best friend