Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyotes and Watermelons....

Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Coyotes and Watermelons....

I had a farmer call yesterday and said that the coyotes were eating his watermelons... I thought the guy was crazy... Until I got there and his farm bordered a Sod farm... and there were 22 Watermelons drug outinto the sod field and cracked open and eaten. The melons were to big for a raccoon to drag... Has anyone ever heard of this... Either way I got some Coyotes to kill, it may be hard to get them to respond to a call when they are plum full of Watermelon.....

Mike
www.purepredator.com

Old 10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Coyotes and Watermelons....

ORIGINAL: Pure Predator

I had a farmer call yesterday and said that the coyotes were eating his watermelons... I thought the guy was crazy... Until I got there and his farm bordered a Sod farm... and there were 22 Watermelons drug outinto the sod field and cracked open and eaten. The melons were to big for a raccoon to drag... Has anyone ever heard of this... Either way I got some Coyotes to kill, it may be hard to get them to respond to a call when they are plum full of Watermelon.....

Mike
www.purepredator.com

Why call, just watch the watermelons.

JMHO
Old 10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

or do the watermelon call..........or was that watermelon crawl?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I had my aunt tell me that a while back while at her place calling. Thought it was gibberish until I read this.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coyotes will most certainly eat watermelon, and many other fruits, nuts, seed pods, grasshopers, snakes, etc. Out here in eastern CO. you'll find that they often times eat the cactus seed pods right off the top of cactus. This time of year, there aren't many insects yet to eat, this years pups have a hard time catchingwarm bloodedprey of any kind, so they eat what they can to survive.

Those coyotes eating the watermelon most certainly can be called in with distress calls. Think about it, a warm fresh meal of meat, or a cold watermelon again and again and again....etc.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Oh those coyotes will eat anything, I live in a area with alot of houses. They get into my garden ,and they tear up my tomatos. I told the wife it was coons, until I found a big steamin pile of coyote #@*^ in the back yard full of tomato skins.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, on the way to our deer property, we saw 2 of the biggest yotes I have seen around, eating on persimmons.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Spike

wow, thats interesting lol maybe ill just forget the gut pile this year and just go to the wallmart and buy some watermellon
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TreednNC

or do the watermelon call..........or was that watermelon crawl?
It's crawl

But still worth a laugh

Old 10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

coyotes eat anything.I have had trail cam photo's that looked like they were eating corn from ear corn or at least chewing on the cobs.

Quick Reply: Coyotes and Watermelons....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.