Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 01-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

I just wish the new tournament would roll around so I can get into it this time. Hurry up with this one.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its supposed to get COLD here this weekend, I suppose I'll have to start adding up some serious numbers since Howler an JRB are taking this lil contest soooo serious!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

TR, you're killing me man! First you back-up the start and take away a few coyotes... now you shorten it and keep me from scoring my last couple days of hunting!?!?!

I can handle the shortened contest... but I only have internet access Mon-Fri and I'll be traveling that weekend of the 27/29th on a hunt. The best I can do is text pictures of my coyotes on those days to someone andhope they'llpost them. Will that count?I'll text a picture toyour email address later today justto see if it'll work.

PS: How can the prizes be any better than bragging rights? LOL!
SO, do you want some cheese with that whine....I think we'd all agree to allow you to count kills as long as someone has been texted the pics. by the cut off of midnight Feb. 28th. I might even post them for you if you send them to me, of course depending on the final out come![8D]But you do know that there are only 28 days in Feb. don't you. SO, where you'll be hunting on the 29th is beyond me!![8D]

As far as prizes being better than the braggin' rights, not hardly. Especially if it's me who's going to get to do the braggin'!!!

Glad to hear it's finally going to cool down for ya Rammer. The hunting should really get good now huh??
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Rammer, if I were hellbent on winning- I wouldn't haveforgotten to score my harvest for over2 solid months! LOL! I like a challenge... even if it means handicapping for Howler a little bit.

You're right TR, I was looking at the last weekend of the month... but my calander was flipped to MARCH since that's when I had expected the contest to end for some reason. My season only runs thru March 15th. I'll be hunting the 27th and 28th of February- hopefully my text messages will come thru to your email. I'll send you a sexy little picture of myself shortly- let me know if it comes thru!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Oops... whats your email address?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

PM sent

You know what's going to happen don't ya. While were goin' at it, 'ol #40fan will sneak past both of us. He's been a little quiet lately.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have been saving a few that I plan on surprising on you guys on the last day!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep savin'em up, and I'll keep postin' em so you can count how many that you'll need to have saved up.
Got out for a half day of callin' to day. Thought I was going to have a partner, but he called me late last night and canceled on me. SO out by myself again, should've called Rammer, as I'm sure he could've come down on a moments notice!
Finally, on my third stand, got one to show. First coyote that came and saw D, short for decoy!! If she would've swung around down wind of the decoy, I would've had to makea big adjust with my rifle to get on her, BUT for what ever reason, she started circling toward the upwind side of the decoy. I'm notan advocate for the use of decoys, I'm still of the mind that a decoy is the last piece of gear that you need to kill coyotes, BUT I do carry D every now and then hoping to get some kind of reaction from the incoming coyotes. Anyways, this coyote was so intrigued by the decoy, that it never had a clue that I was sitting just 50 yards away. Another exit from the 40 gr. berger, BUT not a big exit hole.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally on the 6th stand, got another called in, although I tried to blow it. This coyote basically back doored me. I didn't see it until is was leaving at about 40 yards hard to my left. I had to act pretty quick for a shot, and missed. I got up to run to get to where I could see it again, and it decided to go up a big open draw, making for some good running action. I finally connected on my 3rd shot. Not even sure where I hit it, but killed it dead non-the-less.

Good news is that I got the only coyotes that I called in today, the BAD news is that they were the only coyotes that I saw. Had some wind, that probably didn't help none.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Man you guys are sure putting em down! Do you use electronic callers or hand callers? or a mix of both? P.S you also have some sweeeet rifles i only wish i wasnt in new jersey

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.