Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

ORIGINAL: Howler

Dang Rammer, just how much venison does one man need.Nother nice one #40fan. Not too many coyote that weigh 40#'s around this area. Wonder what he's teeth looked like?
Can never have too much venison stock piled! Seems like all my jerky disappears when my buddies stop by........
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Nice shooting PurePredator.

I have only three empty shotgun shells for my calling yesterday. Had one into 30 yards and have been trying to kill one with the shotgun and I thought I had this all but tied up. First shot missed low, but barely knicked its front feet. On his way out of Dodge, I put the second shot into its butt. Did the spin and bite dance. Went to pull the trigger on the third shot while he was dancing and nothing!! Darn semi-auto shotty failed to feed the third round. When I figured out what was going on the coyote was already on the move. Shoved the third round into the chamber and fired a hail mary. Finally decided to get onto the rifle and was about to pull the trigger when I noticed a house in the background. I decided to let this one go.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Saftey is key.. I have never seen a coyote made of gold... Even then it would be hard to put anyones life at risk for it...

MIke

Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Mike. Those coyotes can take some punishment, that's for sure. About the only time I pack my shotgun is when we're in a calling contest. But then there are two of us, and my partner will have a rifle at the ready.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Best stand yet.... Pictures to follow....

Mike
Pure Predator Calls
Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I would like to say thanks to "Rock River Arms", with out them this would have been alot tougher than it was... I would like to thank me for making some of the sweetest sounding calls..... "sounds like a darn Nascar Winner"....

This was my first triple, I have taken some doubles but never a triple on one stand...

Mike
www.purepredator.com
Pure Predator Custom Calls

Old 12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

SWEET!!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

woooo hooo!!! Story man, a triple deserves some story tellin'!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

here is how it fell out...

The last time I hunted this stand I had a double response and hit one, but couldnt find it. So I went in thinking that it might be a touchy spot but with the wind the way it was, it was my only option before work...

On the way in I seen some fresh tracks, what I could figure was 2 or 3 they walked right in step with each other so it was hard to tell, the only thing they where heading North and I was hoping for a Southern response... so I was getting more optimistic as I walked in... I sat on a small knoll that over looks some crp strips and 3 bean feilds, with a overgrown section of just thick stuff at the southern end of this feild...

I got set up, put the decoy out, and started on my first series, I wasnt through when I caught a coyote slipping in from the north... Almost in my scent cone. I stopped him at 25 yds. My rifle is zeroed for 200yds, so not thinking I put it on his chest and I split his head like a canoe, he started flopping I had no Idea what I just did so I shot him again... He is the one in the middle, not a pretty picture....

As I turned south, Coyote #2 made his entrance... I let him get to 150 he stopped and looked at the decoy.. Bang, miss, then I took one of those cool running shots where they just ball up... and roll... then he got up to do the squeal and bite dance... so I hit him again...

I'm sitting on the hill screaming that's how you do it, then coyote 3 & 4 show up... #3 got to with in 175 and sat down... so I hit him... dropped him like a rock... #4 seen the carnage laying everywhere and got the heck out of there...

I actually had to put the truck in 4wheel drive and drive back there cause I wasnt going to carry that many carcasses back to the truck... call me lazy...

The funny thing is I had enough time to make one more stand on the way home... I only had the shotgun... to make a long story short, I got one with in 15yds but he had to clear a tree, my brother called on my cell phone and his ring tone is "Big Pimpin" some of you may be familiar with this, most of you wont admit it..." and I only have 3 empty shot shells to show for it...

It was a good day to say the least... we had about a inch of snow.. everything was right... Mars and Jupiter... in alinment...

Thats my story.....

Mike
www.purepredator.com
Pure Predator Custom Calls
Old 12-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Mmmm....snow. Can't wait.

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.