Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Strange thought.  Possible experiment. >

Strange thought. Possible experiment.

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Strange thought. Possible experiment.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Strange thought. Possible experiment.

I need to stop drinking and posting at the same time. [:@] HA!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Oh now come on, your really don't want to do that, do ya?
Old 08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

It may work,but of the many trail cam pictures that I have of coyotes,foxes,and bobcats,coons and possums 99% didn't come to the dead deer carcass until after dark.And I was never able to call one in during the daylight to the baitsite.I did however call in one of the coyotes a month after the bait was entirely gone they do check out these places again and again after every thing is gone,I know this because I left the camera on the site after the bait was gone including the hide and bones.I did one year watch a young coyote playing with a bone one morning during deer season that was at a sight where we had drug off a dead calf.I could have called that one into range maybe if he had wanted to come.Try your idea there are callers that have the range you need my foxpro has a 700yard range and I'm sure maniska has a good range but youre going to have to get in your wallet for that kind of range.good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

I have an article coming out this winter on this very subject! You guys are going to love it
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

700yrds. is not that far for a coyote, we have called coyotes from way more than that with just a little mouth call, thay can hear lip squeeks at 100yrds. or better on a calm day.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
JT
Spike

I like idea! There was a study done many years ago where they were able to make a dogs mouth water just by the sound of a dinner bell. But you had to link the food and the sound over and over and over and over.

Also, whoever said coyotes can't rationalize or structure logic is a bit off. Probably the smartest animal in North America. Thats why they inhabit every country, state, and province on the continent!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bhw

I have an article coming out this winter on this very subject! You guys are going to love it
I can't wait. You are always a good read.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: #40Fan

ORIGINAL: bhw

I can't wait. You are always a good read.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think a lot of people in the "east" feel that they have to try hard to kill coyotes because from my experience...they just don't come in to the calls like they do in the "west".

Having hunted both sides for coyotes...I can call in more dogs in the west in a day than I can in the east in a year.

I have a large farm in WV that has several yotes on it. I've NEVER been able to call one in. I used the same calls out west, and I called them in consistently.

Not sure why...but years of seeing this made me believe it. I'll just keep shooting them when I see them and waiting outside known dens.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:37 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Gang,

My article appears in this month's issue of Predator Xtreme. Actually, I have 2 articles published in this issue.

I hope that you enjoy them. I had alot of fun with "Bait & Pitch". Wait til you see what is coming in the near future...

Here's a link... http://www.predatorxtreme-digital.com/predatorx/200810/

BHW

PS- Thanks for the kind words concerning my prior work. I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Strange thought. Possible experiment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.