HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Predator & Small Game Contest? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/256186-predator-small-game-contest.html)

jim1966 08-11-2008 06:30 PM

RE: Predator & Small Game Contest?

Here is a link to the poaching issue.

http://www.whitetaildeer.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2897012

#40Fan 08-11-2008 08:47 PM

Do it again, Howler. Same as last year. 10-1 through 4-15.

Howler 08-12-2008 01:00 PM

If I do it again, I'll just "accidently" make sure you and I are on the same team:D, of course with that said, if it DOES happen that way now, I'll be accused of "stackin' the deck"[8D]

If no one else steps in between now and Sept. first, I'll get the ball rollin' then!

Jrbhunter 08-13-2008 09:55 AM

Even though Howler shafted me out of a few coyotes by restarting the contest last October- and dang near cut me out altogether when he remade teams- I still say he should be in charge this year! LOL!

I'm not sure about the coon thing... they aren't much of a predator or much of a challenge in my opinion? If they're put on the list- they should be worth a fractional value of anything else. Then again, maybe I should keep my mouth shut... opening night might win it for me?

Last Year's Scores:

Team 3-
chasebaker
Bullet Hole Bailey
duckdog132- 100
jrbsr

Team total score:100

Team 4-
stevetatum-800
infernoxd45
wyote - 400
Melsheeba

Team total score:1200

Team 5-
redneck bowhunter
Jrbhunter - 1500
BandMOutdoors
Keith Miller

Team total score:1500

Team 6-
pdp440 - 50
Rammer -400
lethalconnection
Highdesertwolf - 50

Team total score: 500

Team 8-
Brod_Man
moosehunter30 - 50
Squirrelkilla23
mac87toy

Team total score:50

Team 9-
savagescout
kydeerhunter03
Howler-1350
ffemt1271

Team total score:1350

Team 10-
blacklab
pa_yote_hunter
#40Fan- 2000
MasterE

Team total score:2000

Howler 08-13-2008 03:07 PM

How many Jrb, I see 50+? They are easier to call, true, BUT they can be called, and they are a predator. I agree, they would not count for as many points as any of the other predators, but still think they should be included!

Let's see, 50+ at about 10 points would've put you at the top last winter, so maybe 5 points/ea. would be adequate.:D

Jrbhunter 08-14-2008 08:20 AM

Oh, just come right on out and say it Howler. 10 points each for right handed hunters - 5 points for left handed hunters. Maybe even a 10% deduction for hunters with a name starting with J? :) Maybe another deduction for those East of the Mississippi River?

This is my year- I can feel it- I just hope my screening test don't come back showing performance enhancing drugs.

Howler 08-14-2008 01:13 PM

This is my year- I can feel it- I just hope my screening test don't come back showing performance enhancing drugs.
I can solve that problem for ya, it's really simple, .............................just don't win and we won't make the test mandatory on ya!:D

All your ideas for scoring will be concidered!!;)

melsheeba 08-18-2008 12:42 AM

I will run the contest Howler, but you and #40 or JrbHunter can't be on the same team.

HunterOpel 08-18-2008 05:34 AM

So is there going to be 2 contest, because Kydeerhunter03 is running one also on here?????:eek:

Jrbhunter 08-18-2008 07:49 AM

I'd rather see Howler in charge of this thing. It seems like there were dozens of folks wanting to participate last year, several even wanted to organize the thing, but I don't recall any of them actually stepping up when it was time to get to work. I don't think any of them even submitted a dead coyote for scoring? Howler can do it right, he will do it right, and I'd rather not get involved in a contest ran any other way.

The rules are simple, the scoring is simple.Let's see who's interested in competing,have Howler throwtogether some teams and thenlet us start doing what we do best. The only thing I'd do differently than last year... is have ONE official thread that shows the teams in the original post (by Howler). In that thread, hunters would submit their pictures for scoring. In that thread- the original post (by Howler) would be edited on a regular basis to update the scores as they change. This way we go one place to see who's on who's team- and submit our photos- and check our scores. ALL IN ONE. That's my only suggestion... for what it's worth.