Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

backyard air gunners?

Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default backyard air gunners?

who on these forums is a backyard air gunner? post a reply and be proud. I'm just starting out. read some reviews and i'll probably pick up a Crosman quest 1000x combo. seems like a decent value gun to shoot under 40yds with. anyone have a good bait for starling/english sparrow? i'm goiing to re-use an old milk jug or two to make a feeder(s)
Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Default RE: backyard air gunners?

Yep i am i just got a airgun about 1 month ago and i already got 4 squirrels and a bunch of birds. Crossman generally has pretty gun airguns for the money. I wouldnt spend over 200 for a airgun.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:09 PM

Blow guns are the way to go for back yard safaris.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

Blow guns are the way to go for back yard safaris.
A sling shot is more sporting.
Plus the ammo is all over the ground for free

JMHO
Old 05-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

one thing i've really noticed as a trend in break bbl air rifles is all of the scopes or scope mounts are terrible and should be thrown away. any good suggestions for a good scope? i'll be getting the Quest for ~$100 so maybe a $50 dollar (give or take) scope? i've heard something about bushnell making a decent 3-9x. are there any specific tips for mounting a scope on a springer? i know i should use blue threadlocker on all the hardware but is there anything else?

made a couple feeders today and filled em with a cracked corn/blackoil sunflower mix. some sparrows have visited on the ground where i had scattered bits to attract them to the area but i haven't seen any on the feeders as of yet. only been out for the later half of a day so i'm hoping they'll find em by the end of the week. i'm waiting on a paycheck to get my rifle.[:@]
Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Read your states hunting regulations and local laws. Most birds are protected and many towns prohibit the use of airguns in residential areas.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:45 PM

I have that bushnell 3-9 scope and it was great for what i paid for it. Only $50 and works fine.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I borrowed my buddies Crossman so I can take out some of the squirrels that inhabit my garage. The air rifle doesn't have a scope though so shooting is tough. I am going to put a scope on it this weekend. Should have much better luck then. It is fun to shoot though.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

my brother just got a .22 caliber benjamin, very accurate. and in two shots with this special pellets he has, it will tear a potato in two, cant wait to see what it does on squirrels when the season opens
Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

After I had Prostate cancer surgery in 2005 I found my self with 8 weeks of recovery time so just before I went under the knife I ordered the Gamo NRA special. Shoots 1000fps and came with a BSA 4x scope. I have shot it many times in my back yard and currentlyI'm thinning out the pigeons in the area. Started with an ever dozen and down to just two left, but they have a way of multiplying just as they get low in numbers. I work night shift so I find my best time is when I get home a 6am and catch them roosting on the light pole or on the neighbors roof. If they fall into the next door neighbor’s backyard they just pick them up and put them in the trash. Makes for a nice shooting gallery.

Quick Reply: backyard air gunners?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.