Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

First Beaver Hunt

Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default First Beaver Hunt

I went on my first beaver hunt lastnight and it was a blast.My buddy gets to hunt varmints and predators for a living and he took me on a beaver hunt lastnight.It is illegal to hunt beavers with a light but he has a license to hunt anything with a light.He does alot of hunting for coyotes and beavers for the government.He has a little 22 with a silencer on it to keep from alarming neighbors and such.First one we saw he missed and we found out the scope was a touch off.2ndbeaver my other buddy got a big ol 60 pounder.Man it was fat.Shortly after that he called one in for me and I took it out.Mine only weighed 25lbs but it was so fun.We only got 2 out of 3 but he said it was a very slow night.He said on most dams its not uncommon for him to get 10-15 a night.He promised me another trip.Thought i'd share.
James
Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Beaver Hunt

Wait, wait, wait,....................you called in a beaver? [&:]

Am I getting that right? What kind of sound does a beaver make and where the hell did you get a call for one?

I didn't know that was possible. Got any pics?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

He did it with his mouth,it was like he was meowing with his mouth closed.It did'nt takeno more than 20 seconds for the beaver to show up.He shined the light up the river and we both looked,then he turned the light out and said theirs a beaver down their get ready.I said where,I did'nt see a thing? He said trust me get ready.Got the gun ready and he started calling.Withinno time I seen the waves from the beaver from the moon lighting the water.He turned the light back on and said shoot!! He was not 10 feet in front of us.It was a rush that I never expected to get beaver hunting.
James
Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

No, i'm not gonna say it[8D]
Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first beaver hunt ....back in the seventies, about half way thru the magazine...I can thank Larry Flint for that one.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: skb2706

My first beaver hunt ....back in the seventies, about half way thru the magazine...I can thank Larry Flint for that one.
Someone had to say it. LOL
Old 03-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I held off as long as I could....I'm weak.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM

That sounds pretty fun to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:43 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Anytime beaver is involved... things have to be good. Unless,of course, the beaver, upon inspection, is found to be rotten [:'(]
Old 03-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats just wrong....................[X(]

Quick Reply: First Beaver Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.