Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 How does this happen?????!!!!!!???!!! >

How does this happen?????!!!!!!???!!!

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

How does this happen?????!!!!!!???!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default How does this happen?????!!!!!!???!!!

I brought my New rifle home yesterday. Like any kid with a New toy, I had to play with it. I took it outside and strarted fiddeling with it. I put the sling on it. I wanted to see how the internal magazine worked so I loaded 4 rounds into it.I was upset when the rifle wouldn't eject a shell. I tried this on all 4 rounds . Nothing. I called the Gander Mt. I bought the gun at and asked if I could take it to the store near my house. They said it would be fine. I took it in after work today. The gunsmith that looked at the gun asked me how many times I had fired it. I was supprised by the question. I told him I had never shot it. Why?? HE said the action was full of brass shavings and that was why it wasn't working. I was then told that brass shavings only enter the action when a round is passed through it. HE told me this was a used gun. A heavily used gun. [:@]How on earth could a gun shop mistake a new gun for a used one? Now I need to drive all the way to the other side of Columbus and return this gun. The moral to the story is "Look all of your guns over before you buy them". I thought I was safe because I had bought most of my guns at Gander Mt. with out incedent. My mistake. It won't happen again. I looked into the bore when I got home. It is thedirtiest gun I have ever seen. Lesson learned. Any thoughts on what Gander should do to make this right? Refund ... New gun.... New gun and a gift card... Other...
Old 03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How does this happen?????!!!!!!???!!!

I would think that Gander Mt. should take care of you. Just go in with a cool tool, and don"t freakout on"em. If you just say the way it is, nice you will be treated better than if you go in guns blazing. If you payed for a new gun, you should have a new gun. Say, I know that mistakes happen, and I hope you guys will do the right thing. You catch more flys with honey......
Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be PO!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully they do something nice for you!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Did they send you home with a box or manual?? Every new gun i have ever bought they sent me home with the box and the owners manual.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

my gander sells used guns im almost 10000% sure of it...any way YOU made the mistake and thought it was new???

just curious....alot of people would assume a chain store wouldnt have used guns being used to Dick's and walmart etc that only carry new firearms...

if they truely sold you a used gun at a new gun price, you got 2 options...get money returned and keep the rifle...assuming it IS the rifle you want and isnt beat up or anything...(take it to the range before returing it..fire a couple groups and see what she does) or return the rifle and get your money....BUT...i betcha they might have a no return policy on guns and ammo....i dont know...check into it...even if its their mistake, i know alot of places have signs up saying that the sale of guns and ammo is final...gander might be different being they sale used guns and dont seem to be like most chain stores...

let us know what happens...

what kinda rifle?? where is this brass collecting??? maybe i dont let my guns get dirty enough..i cant think of anywhere that brass shavings pile up on any of my guns.....
Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

The gun was listed as a new gun. It was on clearance. Ifit were listed as a used gun, I would have assumed the blame. I plan to ask them to order a new gun and sell it to me at the same price. I bought the gun because I wanted the gun. If all I wanted was the money, I could have saved myself some time and gas by just staying home. I do think that I should be compensatedin some way for all of the trouble. Or maybe I'm just still mad. I can't help but feel like somebody should be kissing my big, fat ,hairy butt over this.Do you folks think I am wrong? As a side note; all of the numbers matched between the box ,gun ,and receipt. Also,I did get a manual with it.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:09 PM

What year did the box say on it. Some body could of took it to the range and fired it a bunch of times then took it back to the store. And the store though it was still good cause it was only gone for a couple of days.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

No date on the box. I still don't understand how it happened. Unless they took it in as a used gun and marked it as new when it was put out for sale.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

our gander and mt.has a used gun tag on the used guns,just take it back with the tag and if it doesn't say used they should have no problem taking it back,if it has any rust in the bore or on the barrel then surely they can tell that it just didn't rust overnight,just be cool and ask for the manager as soon as you start the deal,because they will be needed for a gun return I'm sure.And by the way the used guns at our store have new prices so this would be an easy mistake.good luck!

Quick Reply: How does this happen?????!!!!!!???!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.