HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Favorite way to kill an armadillo? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/234943-favorite-way-kill-armadillo.html)

RugerM77.270 02-28-2008 10:00 AM

Favorite way to kill an armadillo?

Things have been boring around here lately so I decided to spice things up a bit.

Here in my neck of the woods we have a real problem with armadillos. They are everywhere and make a mess of things in your yard. I have killed them in many different ways like a car, decapitated on with a truck dang thing just wouldn't duck, stick, shovel, .22lr, 20ga, 12ga, and 30-30 win.

So what is your favorite way to kill an armadillo or your local nussance critter.

Mine is with the 30-30 if I shoot an armadillo right in the middle of the body it will blow him in half, I have done it more than once and its always a hoot.

Jim_IV 02-28-2008 02:43 PM

RE: Favorite way to kill an armadillo?

S&W .38 Special, It typically does the trick

kevin1 02-29-2008 11:34 AM

We don't have them up here, but if we did I'd use a shotgun with deer slugs.

ray40cal 02-29-2008 01:24 PM

I like to throw home made explosives into the hole if I see them run into it and can't shoot them. I live in KS though I only get to do that when i go to Ark. I won't say what kind of explosives because youngins might try to replicate.

Jim_IV 02-29-2008 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: ray40cal

I like to throw home made explosives into the hole if I see them run into it and can't shoot them. I live in KS though I only get to do that when i go to Ark. I won't say what kind of explosives because youngins might try to replicate.
Thats the key word here. Arkansas:eek:............that word explains it all

nick_bleuer76 02-29-2008 05:33 PM

Shot a opossum with a .338 Mag, wasn't much left of his insides.

bigalc 03-10-2008 01:11 AM

BuckHammer = 'DilloHammer

Knocks em over like bowling pins, leaves a nice large blood spot. Really does the trick on their nasty smelling asses.

Can you tell I don't like them? They really mess up our coon hunting.

DANTHEHUNTER 03-10-2008 08:30 PM

You guys have to have better things to do then this.What is so fun about killing an animal just to be killing it? I have never seen the fun in that!!!

bigalc 03-10-2008 10:58 PM

Not killing just to be killing, killing so my coon dog doesn't wind up with her head in a dillo's den. If I take pleasure in it, I guess I just have deep seated issues!

beardstowndeerhunter 03-11-2008 07:32 PM

you think your 30/30 does the trick haha 50 cal