Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Squirel Problem

Old 02-29-2008, 01:22 PM

Default RE: Squirel Problem

Unless its a red ryder you should be fine. I use my daisy 1000 to kill squirrels, rabbits, doves, coons, woodchucks all the time. It's a .177break barrel pellet gun that shoots 1000 fps, never had to shoot something twice with it xcept a woodchuck that i hit in the leg on first shot.- I don't know what kind of air rifleyou have, if it can shoot pellets then do that instead of BBs. Pittbulls work too.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:47 PM

So far the corn has worked i saw him out there today but didnt take him because im about to get a new air rifle that ill use instead.

Squirel 1
Squirel 2
Squirel 3
Squirel 4
Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Well, When you get all four of them get them in the crock pot, with onions, and corrots for a
''chicken of the tree dinner". Seriosly, try and get some of those coated pellets, it will up your FPS substantually. Keep feeding them corn untill you kill them.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

yes thats definately a pope and young class squirrel,you will need to boil him or slow cook him to be able to chew him up good,and dont that corn work good,I've sat in the deer stand over a corn pile and saw as many as 13 eating from the corn pile,sometimes they run each other off and fight and sometimes a chipmunk will dash out and get a peice of corn and run back to it's den,pop him in the head with that new pellet gun and you will change his nasty attitude before it's to late,he could become a squirrel bully and run off the other squirrels,they will also chew on plastic and electric wires around your house they have to gnaw to keep their teeth maintained.good luck and good eating.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 PM

might want to get something more power full like a pellet gun and the get it out just get and birdseeder or corn.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:40 PM

get some 22 shorts they are no louder than a bb gun just shoot him in the head and skin him and deep fry him and by the way lure him wit some corn
Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

No, a Red Ryder will not take out a squirrel. i've shot plenty of squirrels with mine and it makes em run away, but won't kill it. not sure about a crosman 760... probably would if you got pointed pellets for it. i have a crosman 760 with a 4x15 Tasco scope. but i haven't tried shooting squirrels yet
Old 03-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Squirrels are known to be dangerous maneaters be careful and kill those squirrels quick before they eat your nuts.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

At my place there are old squirrels and bold squirrels, but there are no old bold ones.

Switch your pumper to pointed head or dome head lead pellets, bbs are useless and just wear your barrel out faster. I take them out of a 70' hickory tree with lead pellets in my springer, they sure get cocky at that range, once...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

Yes you pellet gun should work fine. so long as you use a well placed shot. Pellets dont have the power .22's have, so you cant just shoot it, and expect it to die. Try for Head/Neck shots. Im sure you already knew this though.

Quick Reply: Squirel Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.