Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be... >

If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be...

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be...

Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be...

Definitly coon hunting with walkers cant think of anything better. especially since you can do it 10 months of the year. What would you all go for?
Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be...

WILDTURKEYS
Old 01-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be...

Oh man... thats tough... It's either ducks or turkeys... FLIP A COIN!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM

In a hypothetical situatin, it would be bighorn sheep. But I can't ever draw a tag, so realistically I'd have to say elk.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 PM

I'd have to agree with wyotimbergohst, but I can't even draw an elk tag, so I'm torn between waterfowl, turkey, or spot and stalk archery hogs. They are all pretty equal so I’d have to draw straws or something.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

good to see another coon hunter!!

i really think if there was only one hunting i could do for the rest of my life i would take coon hunting behind a good Walker dog or 2...

when i was 5 or so, dad and I got our first walker...we went through a couple...raised a couple pups..and finally found the dog we were looking for...then when i was 11 or so, dad lost the time to hunt and we moved and couldnt have hounds in the back yard i went clear till 17 or so before i got to coon hunt again. i ran with my buddy a couple times here and there...the past year or so, ive been hunting with him pretty hard. he took me to a couple nite hunts this year, i got to be there when his dog was made Grand Nite. to say im hooked again is an understatement....

dad is looking to get a promotion and says if all goes well, he will beable to get back into hunting and we moved yet again, and with a fence, we can certainly get hounds in the backyard...before i knew this i already had it planned to get me a pup sometime next year...late summer/fall/winter...i want a pup so i can train it in the spring and not have to worry a ton about hunting it in the winter..it will be my senior year in college, so i wont have a ton of time....dont know if my plans will go through...i got alot of thinking to do...id REALLY love to have a started hound to take with me after i graduate and move, but gotta think about where i might end up, and if i will have time to devote to the hound...we will see...

temps are finally starting to break, and its breeding season...should be back to running this weekend...my buddy was begging me to go home tonite to hunt, but i wont make it...he was talking about qualifying his dog for the world hunt and once its qualified he said i could take it from there if i wanted...zones is about 2hrs away from us and he said we could go and he would let me run the dog. just gotta see when the zones are and if i will be around..probably going out of state for work this summer so if they arent before May i wont make it...
Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wihunter1388

Definitly coon hunting with walkers cant think of anything better. especially since you can do it 10 months of the year. What would you all go for?
Yeah that would be good, if you got rid of the walker, and got a redbone.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

If i could only choose one it would probably be turkey hunting, hearing that first gobble of the year on a foggy, cool spring morning will give you goosebumps. Plus i would have a spring and a fall season to chase them instead of just the fall like most game. I know damn well though if i gave up everything else and only focused on turkey all of a sudden i wouldn't be able to find a turkey and would be tripping over huge whitetail...mother nature has a cruel sense of humor like that haha
Old 01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Bowhunting Whitetails...
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 PM

I can't even imagine giving up all but one game animal to hunt. There are so many types of hunting I haven't tried. No one said you could only choose one way to hunt your preferred game. If I had to chose though, it would be hog hunting with dog and knife.

Quick Reply: If you would quit hunting every animal and just focus on only one, it would be...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.