Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Found a good snow camo idea

Old 01-18-2002, 10:25 PM

Default Found a good snow camo idea

I was picking up some paint at an auto paint shop for a friend and saw that they had a bunch of white paper-like coveralls. I picked up a box of 12 sets. I'm a pretty big guy so I couldn't get the coveralls closed over a warm jacket so I conjured up my secret sewing talents (Learned in Home economics class) and cut the coveralls into two pieces. I cut slots in so I could thread a belt around the pants and I cut up one set of coveralls and used a piece to "extend" the front area where the zipper was and made a oversized pullover/poncho. I won't have time before my hunt tomorrow to do it but I plan on taking some dark spray paint and spraying some stripes or spots to further break up my outline. Now they fit over a carrhart jacket and wool pants so hopefully tomorrow I'll be warm (it's supposed to be well below zero) and invisible.
Old 01-19-2002, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Found a good snow camo idea

Hey, what ever works.I like the army surplus white poncho, it's got green blutches on it and blends in very well with the soap weed where I do most of my calling, but those white painters coveralls work well, a couple of guys that I call with every now and then also wear them.Wish it would snow here again, and the darn wind needs to stop blowing too.