Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bushmaster AR-15

Old 01-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Bushmaster AR-15

Just FYI, there are NO, absolutely, NO manufacturers of the AR that make ALL of their own parts. I have researched it and not even olympic makes all of the parts themselves for the AR.

JUST A NOTE:
The AR-15 was designed for the military originally and was designed to be put together with parts made by different manufactureres (the lowest bidder) so that the gun could be manufactured quickly, cost effectively, and repaired easily with the same parts made by any company that makes parts for the AR-15. Thus, there is nota single company that sells an AR-15 that was made entirely of parts that they manufactured. Note - the parts may be stamped with their name on it (BATF regulation) but if you call any of the companies and ask about it you will find that there are sevearal parts that are made by someone else, but that company put the gun together (for what that counts). Any AR-15 you get you will most likely have to customize it to fit YOU. Otherwise, you are probably not going to like it completely (you'll shoot it a while and say to yourself "This could be better" or "I wish I could change that to make it better".
(source: "The AR-15 vol. 2", by Patrick Sweeney, Gun digest book of )
I have other sources to back up my statements - do you?

CONCLUSION: suit yourself and by what you like - but don't give up on it if it doesn't seem quite like what you had in mind - have it customized (it's not that expensive to do - if you have the money to buy one to start with) and you will be happier with it.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:09 PM

I agree..If you want an AR styly rifle get it NOW. November elevtions are coming and so is the ban
Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 PM

My friend has a bushmaster varmint and he loves it. It shoots great groups at 100 and 200 range. I have shot the gun too and its a great gun. I hope i can get one before its too late(november)because they are a lot of fun. P.S. Idid not feel the need to send it off to get"custom" work done on it as Chadsgna said.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 AM

I have a Bushmaster Varmint stainless special and I love it. I have shot several 5 round groups at .75" and under at 100 yards. NOt to mention these are a lot more fun to shoot then a bolt action gun.