HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   black or color phase coyotes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/227093-black-color-phase-coyotes.html)

coyote#68 01-13-2008 07:48 PM

black or color phase coyotes

I'm new to this forum I was wondering if anyone else is seeing more than a usual number of black or color phase coyotes I've called in three in the last 2 years.will post pics. if I can of a 38lb male I mounted I'm an ameture taxidermist so don't critisize to much

Bullet Hole Bailey 01-13-2008 10:00 PM

RE: black or color phase coyotes

I think you did good!

coyote#68 01-13-2008 10:23 PM

thanks bullet hole bailey I'm waiting on the stuff for my first red fox mount they are pretty little animals,I figure if I can't live outside all the time I can bring what I love inside and save several $100 dollars by doing it myself.Here are some of my other mounts.The little dog is real he just wondering how that cat got down on the floor with him,I think he's scared.BY the way are you seeing any dark coyotes in oregon?

Bullet Hole Bailey 01-14-2008 07:29 AM

Ive never seen a dark coyote but if i did id probably think it was a dog......lol

very cool i wish i could mount stuff like that good

dayna0306 01-14-2008 12:07 PM

I killed a black one here in Pa. and one the color of a red fox ,both about 38lbs.

[/align]

matters 01-14-2008 12:49 PM

Thats pretty cool would like to try mounting some of mine also. No I haven't seen any color phase yotes but have heard of some being in my area. They claim they are black also.

muckland 01-15-2008 11:48 AM

coyote#68 01-15-2008 01:10 PM

nice looking coyote muckland, have you seen any more of these wild looking critters?I have called in three,killed one didn't get a shot at the others,but I know where they live,was this a male or female,how big,nice looking mount also,CALL'EM IN CLOSE AND KILL'EM ALL!!

virginiashadow 01-15-2008 07:53 PM

I have seen 5-6 coyotes here in Virginia over the last 3 years...I had a pure white one jump on a log, not 10 yards from my tree stand this year. I just held my bow and watched in amazement...was awesome.

coyote#68 01-15-2008 08:13 PM

I have never seen a white one yet,I did kill one about 7 years ogo that was kinda blonde in color.she was a real pale yellow,my biggest coyote ever she weighed 43lbs most of the males around here are 35 to 40lbs or less.Maybe someday my scope will zoom in on an albino,if I'm not shaking to bad it will be sitting in my living room on the other side of my TV