HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   i am sick of this (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/224743-i-am-sick.html)

bowhunter1984 12-29-2007 11:29 AM

i am sick of this

i have this jack ass that i have cought hunting my place a couple of times and kicked him off well now its goten even worse i have had 2 coon and a coyote taken out of my traps and i would bet good money that its him and i know there not pull outs blood on the ground from when they were shot so now me and the co have to go out tonight and hope he comes back

well guys its taken some time to get back but ive been held up with work fam oh yeah and court thats right we got him two nights later after i posted this me and the co who just happens to be my wifes unc went out right be for dark and set up about an hour after dark we see two flashlights come over the fence we let them walk to the first trap that i had put a road kill coon in and wouldnt you know it they took the bait well as soon as they got it out the co yells hey and the dumbass with the gun poped off a round befor the co could even get out who he was the shot wasnt even close to us i think it just scared him when we yelled and the gun went off but now they have got tresspasing stealing and shooting at a co i dont think that the last charge should be on there but it is and i dont think that they will ever be doing any thing like this again

johnnybravoo77 12-29-2007 03:02 PM

RE: i am sick of this

If you don,t catch him with the co, have the police trespass him from your property. All this does is give him a formal warning from the police that if he is proven to be on your property again, he can be arrested. I would then set up an infared trail cam over one of your traps. I know this can be pricey, but worth it because he'll get a stiff penalty, plus you'll still have a nice trail cam!

Airsoft Dude 12-29-2007 03:36 PM

I would put up trespassers will be shot signs, the trail cam is a good idea catch him red handed. Tell the po po too lol

DANTHEHUNTER 12-29-2007 05:38 PM

I would give him a left hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick_bleuer76 12-29-2007 05:57 PM

I'd shoot him, and them throw him in the river...JUST KIDDING!!!

NMFowler 12-30-2007 05:49 PM

I agree with 100% with Johnnybravo. If you involve the law, then get pics of the guy, he is screwed. I would just make sure that you do a good job concealing your camera so as he can’t vandalize, or steal it.

jsturner 01-22-2008 03:28 PM

Seriously you have to involve the police/wardens. Even put up one of those game cams(fairly cheap).IS it your land or just your hunting spot??

Jrbhunter 01-22-2008 04:32 PM

At least he's leaving the traps.... better than most thieves.

Gingerbear 01-23-2008 03:50 PM

Well, secrets of a "ground bouncer"...that's what my family has titled me during season, same thing, we own 3200 acres and it's tough to keep people off of them. So, in the spring I take old fashioned harrows and flip them upside down in the driveways I don't use...during the summer grass grows up and over these and when those guys drive over them it doesn't put a hole inthe tire, it rips it apart. I also use my terracing builder and create a 2 or 3 ft deep "mote" around fileds that the ditch just runs flush with the filed..ie they can drive right in anywhere without a drive way....this is most fun when it snows, they can't see the ditch. If I see someone hunting on me without permission the first time they get a good talking to (unless there are kids there...don't ruin some kids chance to enjoy hunting becasue his dads an *******) the second time I see them I snap a digital pic, let the air out of a couple of tires and sit back and wait for the game warden...God forbid I see someone with an ATV driving on me...this is where I use nail boards..which aren't boards at all but 1/2 inch pipes with bolts running throug them

Chadsgna 01-23-2008 09:06 PM

I'm interested to find out what all works (I have the same problem on our two sections of land with 4 gates). I like Gingerbears ideas personally.

The only thing that I have been doing that works good when I find an unattended trespassing vehicleis steal either one of the spark plugs (I always have a spark plug wrench in my back pocket for some reason - don't ask, ha ha) or I take the tires (wheel and all - I have a compressor on my truck with pneumatic jack and impact) and leave the truck sitting on rocks. Then I go and call the game warden and tell him where he can pick them up at for trespassing and poaching. Most of the time I get a great big thank you.

From the game warden (ha, ha, ha)

Most of the time he lets me keep the parts I took, he says it compensates me for my trouble. Some times when he doesn't catch them though (he lives several miles away) he goes home. I get out my 22-250 and perch on a spot where I can see the intruder when he comes back to try to retrieve the vehicle and pop off a couple of shots in the general direction (I couldn't ever really kill someone unless they are a mortal threat) usually within a few feet of their location, and they get lost in a hurry. Where I live the law says that anything left on a persons property for a certain ammount of time becomes the land owners (the person on who's property the "thing" was left)property. I usually use it to pay a few bills if the game warden doen't catch themby the time it becomes mine.