Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

50 BMG

Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default 50 BMG

The reason I havent been on here for awhile is cause I was in NE doing some prairie dog hunting. It just so happens that the guy we went with had just bought himself a 50 BMG. I shot atleast 75-100 p-dogs with this thing everywhere from 75-800 yards. I got told not to push it any further. I had pictures took on a digital but they didnt turn out at all. This thing was a beast with that Leupold. All there was left was red mist.And didnt kick worth a crap as long as it was on the Caldwell Led Sled Rest. I shot it 6 times in one day without it and It didnt hurt as long as you stayed within the bipod on it. But my dads friend triend to shoot it free hand and it knocked him on his a$!.lol But I get to deer hunt with it next year.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 AM

Default RE: 50 BMG

jeez, a little excessive dont ya think? why would you shoot a deer with that? you will waste so much meat.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:42 AM

800 yards was pushing it? I thought these things go through tanks at over a mile with the right kind of bullets. Damn, and some people think that using a 30.06 is overkill for coyotes. lol
Old 12-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

when people get ahold of this thread you are gonna get b!tched at. one big reason is a nonhunter comes across this and they will use it to their advantage.I find it unethical and a dumba$$ thing to do. A 50 bmg is made for one thing and that is to take out vehicles at long distances. do you have any idea what that is going to do to a deer?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

75-100 dogs with a .50 BMG at $2-3 per shot...Thats on the cheap side and assuming you hit every time = 1 expensive day

Old 12-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

A .50 BMG will just put a hole in about everything that you shoot. Just because it is a big round doesn't mean that it will vaporize whatever you shoot with it.

It is people like you that think that it will do so much damage to an animal that gives the BMG a bad rap.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

i think if it is legel go for it but i would not i wont a 50 cal but wld not hunt with it maybe bison
i know they use 50 cal sniper rifles at ove 1 1/2 mile so not sure why you should stay under 800 yards but what ever was it semi or single shot
Old 12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: #40Fan

A .50 BMG will just put a hole in about everything that you shoot. Just because it is a big round doesn't mean that it will vaporize whatever you shoot with it.

It is people like you that think that it will do so much damage to an animal that gives the BMG a bad rap.
i was thinking the same thing. that would be getting pretty expensive.

to the post saying the 50cal was made for taking out vehicles. you couldnt be more wrong.when i went to iraqi was the spotterfor my partner who wasa sniper and this was the gunheused.he can reach out and pick people off at ranges up to almost a mile with out a problem.

and for all you non hunters. who cares what you kill it with. i would much rather you shoot me with a 50 cal and get it over quick then shoot me a a 223 and it take a bit before im dead. you dont eat them anyways. unethical? i dont see it. it would be more ethical in the since it didt even feel a thing.
jmo
Old 12-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

would you hunt with one
ORIGINAL: duckdog132

ORIGINAL: #40Fan

i was thinking the same thing. that would be getting pretty expensive.

to the post saying the 50cal was made for taking out vehicles. you couldnt be more wrong.when i went to iraqi was the spotterfor my partner who wasa sniper and this was the gunheused.he can reach out and pick people off at ranges up to almost a mile with out a problem.

and for all you non hunters. who cares what you kill it with. i would much rather you shoot me with a 50 cal and get it over quick then shoot me a a 223 and it take a bit before im dead. you dont eat them anyways. unethical? i dont see it. it would be more ethical in the since it didt even feel a thing.
jmo
Old 12-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

nope that thing is to damn heavy. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.