Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

07 coon season just about here!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 07 coon season just about here!!!

just use a cqualler and coax him out.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Check into a product called Prodigy made by Hedgebrook LLC. If you go to www.valleycreekhuntingsupply.comyou can buy a product that coon hunters have been using for years, but has just recently been updated and improved. Good luck with the nasty tempered ringtails. Redgy R is a top notchman to deal with and has distributors all over the country for this coon product. Coon Fusion and Prodigy are the names you can trust! Good luck hope you guys have as much fun as the dogs.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

979hunter.. ill agree with you about the people at valley creek been great to work with but as far as the coon fusion. i have used it along with sweetend corn(pour koolaid packets and water on it and let it sour) this last year when training a couple litters of pups.i put them both in equally populated areas all over my farm and they lasted and work about the same but the corn was half the price. just thought i would let you know. something to think about.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 PM

I appreciate the response duckdog132! I do the same with sour corn but still support the Fusion coon licks and use them strategically around the place. They are just simple to use and carry, especially when I am going a distance. Good luck with the pups hope they are treeing.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

ran the dogs for the first time this weekend and it turned out pretty good!! shot 13 between friday and sat nights..biggest was over 26 lbs and it took 2nd out 20 some teams in a big coon tourney!!! let me know what everybody else is doing!!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

season not in here yet but i have my hounds ingreat condition and ready to go. we treed 12 last sat/ and that was with my 13 month old walker i have been training. i was extremely excited. he is going to make something of him self if this keeps up.3 trees had two kittens in it.
had my ten year old grnitech walker get out of his penthursday night some time(of course i didnt have my tracking collar on him)and i didntknow it till the next day. i finally found him 5pmfriday night,when he saw my truck he was so wore out he could even run to me. for punishment i took him hunting that night..lol he treed 4 though.
season cant get here fast enough!!!!
good luck guys!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

duckdog, are there a lot of coon in illinois? just wondering what the population was like..it seems really spotty here in western wisconsin..seems like distemper has gotten to certain areas pretty bad..have you noticed anything like that down by you?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

they are lower than years past but not anywhere close to you guys. i went up there last year to a nite hunt, thinking it would amazing (like in years past) but was less than impressed. come down some time ill show you first hand..lol

guys put some pictures of you hounds on here i would like to see.i will start with some of my most recent pics and videos for ya to look at....
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

the first video is of my pride and joy. this dog is the dog i told you about in the post above. he is 13 months old right now(ps the guy getting real high pitched is a hunting partner, im running the camra..lol)
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/coonsmen/?action=view&current=122906010-1.flv

the second is of the other dog i told you about in the post above getting out. he is a grnitech silver champ. the other dog in the video is a young female i just recently sold.
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/coonsmen/?action=view&current=5eff685f.flv

Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

here is a video from earlier this spring of my old walker you saw in the post above and a bluetick i sold to a guy in southernIL who made him nitech. the lady in the video is one of the best dog handlers and feince's you could ever ask for. its hard to believe 4 years ago when i first met her,she was the bigest city girl you would have evermet. now she hunts as hard as i do.
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/coonsmen/?action=view&current=122906005-1.flv

Quick Reply: 07 coon season just about here!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.