Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

07 Predator contest submission pics.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Very nice you guys!

i wanna get my first yote here soon!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it was kinda slow here lately. Add me up another one FINALLY Howler!

This morning didn't go the greatest. Got to my spot, first set called this big male in, shot him. Moved to a spot where I saw 3 dogs last nite to find 7 pickups with 2 guys in a truck chasing coyotes.

My camera was frozen so the pics aren't very clear.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Good shooting Rammer.

Today wasn't too bad of a day for me. I called a bunch of stands on one of the ranches that had the fly over and didn't see anything for a long time. I finally went to a part of the ranch that I had never been too, only because it never looked promising, and called in a pair. When I first saw the two, the female held up for a long time. I stopped calling completely and watched as the male sat down and just looked my direction. He was about 400 yards out. Finally the female caught up with the male and I did a short call and got them both coming in again. The female stopped once more at 350 or so but the male kept coming. I took the shot at the male when he was a 100 yards or so and then began playing a wounded coyote call. I didn't kill the male instantly so he was flopping around and with the wounded call, it made the female come in. Got her to about 150 yards and took a shot and missed. She went bounding away to about 250 yards and finally stopped one more time. I was shaking so much I don't know how I even hit her.

Here is the picture of the two. When I gathered them together and dug into my backpack, I couldn't find my camera. So I had to haul them into town and borrow a friends camera. Needless to say, I made a mess of my jeep and the male coyote was pretty much gutted so I won't post it where you can see it. You'll have to click on the link.

Warning, very graphic.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7472633

After taking the picture of them on the Jeep I went to the other ranch and decided to try an area that I have never been too. I managed to call in two there as well, but didn't know it until after I had the first one right in my lap, 10 yards or so....no shotgun. When I sat up to shoot it, she spooked and I played the wounded call again and she stopped at 100 or so yards. That is when I noticed the second one. Shot the first and tried to get the second on the run with no luck.

Not a bad day and there still might be hope left on these two ranches after all. Still going to scout some new area tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice going #40

I went out this evening and made two sets in a completely different area than I've hunted before. The first set produced nothing, except for about 250 deer in a herd.

The second set I went an sat on top of a stack of corn stalk bales. I was glacing and spotted a dog about 1/2 mile out in an alfalfa field. I was watching thru my binos an started with the rabbit distress, pretty soon his head popped up and i gave him a squalling/sputting rabbit and he came truckin my way. He got to the fenceline about 125 yards from me and acted like it was a boundary, and didn't want to come any closer. So I stopped him and shot, I heard a whimper and he went straight down. So I was gathering up my gear and looked up to see him running away, by the time I ejected the empty and shot he was 400 yards and I missed. He ran into a stockdam in the alfalfa field, so i drove around to it. Didn't find him but I found a good ammount of blood, then it got dark on me. I'll go back tomorrow and see if I can find him in the daylight hours.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job guys. We got skunked the last two days. Seeing coyotes, just not getting any to come to us, partially because the coyotes we are seeing, are seeing us first![:@]
I'll try again tomorrow. Going at it alone, it looks like. SO, if I can get some action, I'll be the trigger man.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

hey good job rammer

Old 01-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Totally new area for me today. Many sets and a whole lot of nothing. I did manage to get one coyote to be a little too curious and ended the day with him.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

here are a couple dogs we got this mourning mark me down for 1 of them. Fox Pro this time female invitation howl. seen alot of dogs but not much cooperation

Old 01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

NICE!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

this might be a better picture

Quick Reply: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.