Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

07 Predator contest submission pics.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Sorry to hear of your loss HighDesert, hope the lord gives your family strength to carry on with her memory in your heart.
[quote]ORIGINAL: Howler

Thanks man that really means allot. Her funeral was in the polish language at a polish catholic church No one but maybe 2 people still speak polish in my family So I wrote a eulogy in English LOL for her funeral and my brother read it, 2 days later and I'm still getting calls from my family on how beautiful it was I'm still sad but Ive accepted it. Now its time to do some hunting Im gonna head out this morning and tomorrow morning. I need to get some points up.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out all day yesterday with a calling buddy, despite the warm temps. We traveled about 100 miles east to the sand hills. Gotabout the results I expected. We called in 7, shot at 4 and got two between us. Most of them didn't cometo the call very anxiously, I'm sure because it was short sleeve weather. BUT, we did what we could. I should've had one other, but ended up with my usual.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 AM

WTG Howler! Congrats on your success

Great picture too!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Good job, Howler. I hope that you got the area scouted pretty well. I was able to do a little today too. The ranch I was talking about leased some areas to Outfitters for Elk season. So this weekend wouldn't have been a good time to go. I did talk to the ranch manager and he said that after they are gone, that it is a GO for coyote calling. He did let a friend and I do some calling away from the area that all of the outfitters were, but didn't have much luck there. When driving through, I was able to pick off a couple of road yotes, the first two pictured.Then we went looking for some other BLM and I managed to pick off another,third picture. I then let my friend do the shooting for the next four sets. Three came and three went out a little wiser. [] Good weekend all in all. I will head out to the ranch next weekend to scout the areas that the outfitters were hunting and then the following weekend, if you are available, Howler, we can head out there.

Didn't check the camera's date before taking these.

This is the one that I shot on Saturday.

All pictures can be found here.

http://www.putfile.com/number40fan/images
Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yip, the coyotes need to be thinned when you can drive around and shoot more in a weekend than most guys see in a day!

I know for a fact that the weekend after Thanksgiving is no good for me, on call that weekend so I can only get out that Friday, my no work day. SO, we'll have to try later this winter.!

You just never miss do you!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

here is a big Ole male that i called in and shot tonite Phsyco Tweety and 223
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

sorry having trouble louding pictures

Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll get your points added Steve. Syco tweety huh, that's one wierd sounding call isn't it, BUT the coyotes don't seem to mind! I've called a few in while using it as well!
Nice job!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

Yip, the coyotes need to be thinned when you can drive around and shoot more in a weekend than most guys see in a day!

I know for a fact that the weekend after Thanksgiving is no good for me, on call that weekend so I can only get out that Friday, my no work day. SO, we'll have to try later this winter.!

You just never miss do you!
I miss more than I want to talk about.

We'll find another date. I'll get a few more areas scouted. Snow will fall and everything will liven up even more.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havin a bit a trouble workin the calls and the gun at the same time the yotes are being squittish cant seem to get them closer then a buck 50 maybe its my setup? but anyone in AZ wanna join me?

Quick Reply: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.